Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looks like another "pink" 914 just surfaced
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
interesting...

I'm walking out the door, I"m sure the usual suspects will call for chassis numbers and id plate..

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=529890

Ferg biggrin.gif
Ferg
Hmmm, just reread the ad, maybe not originally pink after all...

Ferg
thomasotten
But it's local....

Nice battery relocation mod... the rust moved with the battery!
davep
biggestdaddyo (James) is a member here, albeit not an active member.
perhaps Thomas can check it out and tell us for sure what the body & paint codes are.
scotty b
PHPHHbbbbhhht..... 914's are just an X19 with a nicer badge. Buy a 911 and find out what a REAL Porsche is all about

popcorn[1].gif
stateofidleness
wow what are the odds. it's in San Antonio!
hey thomas if you go check out the car, post up some details...
ive kinda given my friend the 914 itch now and lookin for a good project for him.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 14 2007, 07:51 PM) *

PHPHHbbbbhhht..... 914's are just an X19 with a nicer badge. Buy a 911 and find out what a REAL Porsche is all about

You just MAY be a better pot stirrer than I am! stirthepot.gif

Good luck on this one!

BTW, they stopped making real 911's in '73.

Pat w00t.gif

popcorn[1].gif

scotty b
dry.gif WRONG Pat. They stopped making real 911's in "67 !!! SWB RULES baby !!! Wish mine was sad.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 14 2007, 09:40 PM) *

dry.gif WRONG Pat. They stopped making real 911's in "67 !!! SWB RULES baby !!! Wish mine was sad.gif

SWB just means you swish your ass faster than I do!
rick 918-S
Can someone local check the paint code in the door jamb?

Ad says it's red under the sail vinyl.

Vin is 4742917594
rick 918-S
I sent the owner an email but it looks like red paint around the gas tank.
LarryR
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 14 2007, 06:40 PM) *

drunk.gif 1965 - 68 cars are gorgeous sorry but the last SWB was 68 and a side by side site test could not tell the difference between a 68 and 67 ... Ok I did like the green face gauges better and those went away in 67 but that is easily fixed.

However, I tend to disagree. I had a 67 that I swapped a 2.7 into and it was the most tail happy car I have ever owned. my 74 (with turbo flares and monster tires) Is an awesome car to drive.

I personally think that 69 - 73 911's are the sweet spot. Long wheel base cars are only distinguishable by the trained eye and can have the best of all worlds. 915 or g50 trans, big displacement engines (mainly because of the trans), and better handling...

stirthepot.gif
Larry
rhodyguy
the driver's doorjam tag will have show the special order paint code. like the black over raspberry car did.

k
rick 918-S
I spoke with the seller. He's going to update the ad with the paint code but was fairly sure the car is red.

BTW: the price is very flexable
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.