Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do they connect too
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
they exit from the back of the tunnel. there are,

Two brown together--- I assume they are grnds.

Two brn /white--- seperate but the same color

One blk, blk/blk red connected together

What's the sqare connecter for?

Is there supposed to be voltage on the seat belt plug?

Dr Evil
Square connector I am not sure of, but the others look like your cabin light wires.
914Sixer
Square plugs are for seat belt recievers.
toon1
thank's

what color wires do what in regards to the int. light.

there is another connection for the seat belts other than the round one?

Whats it for?
jd74914
i think that the the rectangular ones hook into the wire that comes out of the bottom of the seat.

i thought the light only had two leads so it shouldn't matter how you hook it up smile.gif
2-OH!
Some of the wires go to the door jamb switch and you will have to test them out with a Multi meter or ringer to determine which is which...

The Brown/white is power for the backpad light, which again, ties into the door jamb switches......

I think some of these wires can become hot at times depending on the door jamb switch position and it would not be adviseable to leave them unprotected due to shorting out... They all attach to the backpad lite...

The square plugs are for the seat belt system and you can just leave them alone...They do not effect the operation of the car...

2-OH!
toon1
Thank's, I want hook up the seatbelt harness again, I will check it out

BTW--- nice car 2-0H
Thack
Usually brown wires are positive not negative on older Porsches.
Allan
QUOTE(Thack @ Nov 15 2007, 02:40 PM) *

Usually brown wires are positive not negative on older Porsches.

I thought all solid brown wires were grounds?
2-OH!
I currently have a 68' 912 and of course the 73' 914...

I have restored two previous 75' 914s...

All solid browns are ground...

Some browns had a grey or white stripe that has faded over the years but solid browns are ground...

The wiring diagram on Pelican's website is a good tool to have...Recommend to print it out, laminate and keep in the garage...(You're welcome DD)...

2-OH!

Dave_Darling
Brown == ground for the light.
Brown/white == ground that is connected and disconnected by the door switches, also for the light.
Black == +12V all the time.

I recall that the connections on the light were relatively obvious--the grounds were in one area, the power in another area.

Note that the black wire, since it is always "hot", can cause problems when it is unplugged. It may have been cut off or taped up because of that.

--DD
Thack
I'm sorry. Black is positive.
nola914
Based on my 73, I think these are the connections that you are looking for.

The blk/ red is the power to the interior light, coming from fuse 11 and is hot all the time. So as Dave says be sure that this one is taped or disconnected. (In fact you should tape off all of them as a precaution.)

The black is the power coming off of that interior light tab to the clock in the console.

The joined browns are direct grounds, one probably for the interior light and the other the ground for the gauges and lights in the console.

Did you have a console?

As the Doc said, the square connectors are for the pressure switches in the seat cushions.

The brown/whites are "switched" grounds. Some of the 914 elec. devices have the activation switch behind the device (on the negative side) rather that in front. The device is then activated when the switch closes the ground.

I think that the brwn/whites in that area are the switched grounds from the interior light back to the door switch circuit. The other is probably the switched ground from the door switch circuit running back to the ignition switch.

The ignition switches that have an integral steering lock have a pin "S". This pin is an open ground until the key unlocks the tongue. The circuit then grounds out. That's why the door and seat belt buzzer works when the key is in, but don't when the key is out.

You didn't ask, but under the passenger seat should be a bunch more wires connecting to the seat belt warning and cut-off circuit relay (the big relay) and the buzzer (the little relay) that are attached to the floor pan under the seat.

type47
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 15 2007, 05:15 AM) *

idea.gif seat warmers/heaters..... happy11.gif

Dr Evil
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 15 2007, 05:15 AM) *

idea.gif seat warmers/heaters..... happy11.gif

CAMP914 already has these for sale thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.