Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting Project. Question about parts cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary_todd
My son has a VW usdm Fox sedan and I if it has no useful parts I think I am going to scrap it. It does not even run.

Has anyone used anything from one of these cars, master cylender, rotors.... anything at all on there that might be useful?

I know it is a long shot but would it be great if I could get some useful parts.

I am doing a 914 sbc conversion.

What other cars besides the 914 might I get some good parts??? I think I recall someone mentioning BMW brakes. I am a penny pincher so I do not want to waste any chance to make use of cheap but good parts.

Thanks.

CT
Cap'n Krusty
You're out of luck. There's NOTHING on that car that swaps directly into a 914, or an SBC, for that matter. Just because it's a VW doesn't mean it has parts in common with a car that's 10-20 years older, and from a different engineering department on a different continent. Kinda like looking for SBC engine parts on a stock 31 Chevy. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.