Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to establish price on NIB 48 Dellortos kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
My friend is thinking of selling off some of his inventory, and he's trying to figure out what his new in box 48 Dellortos are worth. It's the whole kit with filters, T4 manifolds, heim joint crossbar linkage... the whole kitten caboodle.

This stuff doesn't seem to come up for sale much, and I think the 48s were pretty rare. Can anyone chime in with an approximate value?

This isn't an ad, as they're not currently for sale. (just to make sure that's clear)

Thanks in advance,
jasons
I'll take a stab at $1k minimum. Weber IDA(not the IDF) 48's are still available for about $500 each, just the carb no kit. I would guess, I could be wrong, the Dell 48's are less desirable than the real Weber IDA(again, not the IDF).

So, I would guess the complete Dell 48 kit is worth at least the price of 2 Weber 48 IDA's. Now maybe a Dell freak would disagree.
slackin' at work
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 15 2007, 04:08 PM) *

My friend is thinking of selling off some of his inventory, and he's trying to figure out what his new in box 48 Dellortos are worth. It's the whole kit with filters, T4 manifolds, hyme joint crossbar linkage... the whole kitten caboodle.

This stuff doesn't seem to come up for sale much, and I think the 48s were pretty rare. Can anyone chime in with an approximate value?

This isn't an ad, as they're not currently for sale. (just to make sure that's clear)

Thanks in advance,

I personally believe the tri-jet 48 dells to be a superior carb to 48 idas. weber IDAs new are about 1200 a set. Used Italian-made idas are still going for 800-1000.

So Id take a guess that a NOS 48 dell setup would go for between 1200-1500.

this is only my opinion... and you know what they say about people and their opinions smile.gif
RoadGlue
I should also mention that they are the DRLA 48s. Not sure if there were any other models 48 down drafts from Del or not.

Thanks for the info everyone,
Allan
QUOTE(jasons @ Nov 15 2007, 01:35 PM) *

I'll take a stab at $1k minimum.

agree.gif Or more.

Contact Hwgunner (board name) and ask him.

He has dealt with selling them....
Aaron Cox
I believe you can still get weber 48 IDF's new.....(dells are a bit nicer)

i too would sell for 1200 to 1500
hwgunner
I have sold NIB sets of 40 and 45 DRLA's. Beleve it or not I put a set on Ebay and a guy from DelLort UK contacted me. He Purchased several sets, just the carbs, NIB for $650 for the 40's and 800 for the 45's plus shipping to the UK. In total, all said and done, I sold 25 sets of new carbs to different people. I would first try and contact DelLorto UK and see if they still have them for sale and what the price is. I asked the guy that I was dealing with why he was buying them and he said because they were not produced anymore and he could more than double his money. I would say what you have is few and far between and worth a fair sum. This is one of those situations where Ebay might get you the most exposure and the highest price. My .02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.