Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pres. sender on 4 cyl...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
This may sound like a silly question, but is there suposed to be a seal or crush washer between the case and oil pressure sender (stock)? huh.gif
-Mike D.
Mike D.
Anybody...? really, I have to do this today...
Porsche Rescue
My memory says no. I think the sender is a tapered thread (pipe thread). You can probably tell by installing to reasonable degree of torque. I think you will see that it does not bottom out so sealing ring would not help. I would not bet the farm on the above advice but hope it helps some.
porschewiz
Definatilly not .... its tapered
I don think you'll be able to see the treads with the sheet metal on. If its leaking its probably where the plastic and metal meet and once they are really leaking it nomally will make it look like the contact is leaking oil and you shouldn't use teflon tape on the threads.
Lawrence
When I put a new sender in the Bumblebee.. I don't think I used one.

-Rusty
Dave_Darling
There definitely should not be a seal or gasket. It does use tapered "pipe" threads.

--DD
Zeke
10-4, no seal.
porschewiz
Hay Dave.... Are you on the clock? What do you accually do for NASA? LOL . That website I was talking about ealier with you was called mike's tech page it had some good info on the BMW brakes and the D-jet (I think you wrote.) Is this website still around?
Mike D.
Thanks everyone!
-Mike D.
Dave_Darling
Sorry, but I don't remember a "Mike's Tech Page". There was Tim Jones' 914 Fan Page, which should still be available at http://www.914fan.org . There's a lot more info out there now--for instance, Brad Anders D-jet pages have just about everything that anyone knows about D-jet EFI. http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders .

--DD
porschewiz
It might have been Tim's...... Has CRS syndrome and sometimers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.