Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone running 5.5" X 14" 5-bolt Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
I bought a nice set of the above Fuchs and can't decide to go all the way for a conversion with these wheels. I like the offset and think they'd look nice; especially with a 55 or 60 tire.

Anyone have pictures? Thanks.
davep
I had a set one time. They were a popular factory option on the 914/6.
Are yours 5.5Jx14? the J is the tubeless variety. No J and you are supposed to run tubes. Getting hard to find performance rubber in 14"
McMark
Everyone with stock 914/6 alloy wheels. wink.gif
Rav914
Yes 5.5J's. I was unaware the 14's were options on the 914/6.
smokey
5.5 x 14 . the oem , from 1970 . this tire is very soft . treadwere 040 traction C temp A . about 5 to 8 thousand miles . depends on the driver . driving.gif aktion035.gif
smokey
FIVE $1088 delived to my door . Hoosier race west . 559.485.4612 smoke.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Nov 15 2007, 04:28 PM) *

I bought a nice set of the above Fuchs and can't decide to go all the way for a conversion with these wheels. I like the offset and think they'd look nice; especially with a 55 or 60 tire.

Anyone have pictures? Thanks.

14" Fuchs . Running Yokohama AVS ES100 205/60/14. Speedo runs fast with the 60 series but I did not want to go taller. Limited selection of tires for the 14" rims.
Rav914
Michael,

Thanks for the picture and info on what you run. The wheels look great and so does your car.

Nate
914rrr
Pic of a 73 2,0 I owned awhile back. IIRC, it had 195/60/14 BFG Comp TA's on it.
Falken still makes a 195/50/14 Azeni.

Click to view attachment
johnc
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Here are some pics of mine: sorry about the disassembly, I am removing door dings and doing some touch-up. The tires are 165vredestein.
Rav914
Thanks all for the pictures. Very nice looking wheels (and cars). I thought the smaller diameter might minimize the look of the Fuchs - I was wrong. I think they look great.

I'll be getting the conversion! Thanks again,

Nate
smg914
5.5X14 with 195/70's
nsr-jamie
SMG914, great car...can I ask what color is that? Is it red, tangerine or signal orange.....my monitor is kind of weird. I want to redo my paint next year in signal orange.

All excellent cars!! Wish my 914 looked that good. Cheers
Porsche Rescue
Click to view attachmentI wanted high profile with same diameter as the OE 185x14 tire delivered on a 914-6. These are 195/75x14 Michelins from Costco, about $75 each.
smg914
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Nov 17 2007, 02:34 AM) *

SMG914, great car...can I ask what color is that? Is it red, tangerine or signal orange.....my monitor is kind of weird. I want to redo my paint next year in signal orange.

Thanks. The picture was taken in the shade with a very expensive camera. It's really not a true representation of the actural color. The color is 23 tangerine/blood orange.
brer
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 17 2007, 03:02 PM) *

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Nov 17 2007, 02:34 AM) *

Thanks. The picture was taken in the shade with a very expensive camera. It's really not a true representation of the actural color. The color is 23 tangerine/blood orange.

Fuji film perhaps?
euro911
I put a set of Pirelli P3000 185/65 R14's on my 5.5J 14" Fuchs. Nice tires, and they weren't real expensive.

Web info:

Speed T: the speed capability of this tires is up to 118 mph/190 km/h !

Super high performance (ultra high performance) The lightweight tire, it rolls low and the resistant tire, is superior to wet, gives the satisfaction and with driving makes economic traveling possible.

An extensive size range in 70, 65, 60 and 55 series in both whitewall and blackwall sizes, assures availability on the most popular American cars in the luxury/touring category. Tread pattern Increased tread depth combined with high density siping and an optimized tread compound provide outstanding traction on both wet roads and snowy conditions along with exceptionally long tread life.
Segmented mold construction along with two zero-degree nylon cap plies assuers high levels of uniformity and a stable footprint during driving maneuvers.
Polyester casing ensures smooth ride and crisp handling
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.