Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it loud!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Thanks to Steve (ahdoman) and Mark(euro911) for their knowledge and help. I learned a ton and best of all, the car is running. Man, is it loud with those webbers! But it sounds so sweet.

I need to change the jets, because it's running rich. I'll do that in a few days. Hopefully I will be able to button up the rest of the things (HEs, rear valance, deck lid) and take her for a spin around the block. I can't wait. Oh yeah, likely will need to adjust the shift linkage then too laugh.gif

Thank to all that helped drop and reload the motor too. Aaron, Joe, Allan, Mark, Steve, Clayton (tech support) and my non-914s Mike and Randy. I appreciate it. Opps.. and Linda too and my wife and kids for putting up with me while the car has been on jackstands.
swood
Sweet!
ahdoman
We can all blame Joe for the price of gas since those carbs are sucking up a ton of gas! Hey Joe, leave some for the rest of us. Oh, and thanks for the cheeseburger!
Twystd1
YEAH...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix the rich problem ASAP... or you will be pulling the engine apart fast.

You can't afford to wash the oil off the cylinders with fuel. cause the rings won't seat..... And ya have to do a top end hone with new rings....

Got it Bro..???

Cheers and good vibes. It's been a long journey. And I admire you for not quitting. Good Job, Joe.

Clayton
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Nov 15 2007, 10:33 PM) *

You can't afford to wash the oil off the cylinders with fuel. cause the rings won't seat..... And ya have to do a top end hone with new rings....

Thanks Clayton.

One question. This is not a new motor. Does the rich condition apply, assuming that the rings are seated already?
Twystd1
Used engine means the rings are already seated to the bores.

So your good to go....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just rejet when ya have the time to get it right.

Maximum cheers to ya bro.

Clayton
Aaron Cox
50 idles? how many turns out are the mixture screws?

32 vents? you might be close if they are.
try leaning out the idle mixture screws.. too much and they should lean out and drop a cylinder, pull around a full turn out from there.

what mains? what AC's?

you are close mang!
Allan
Good news Joe...

Soon, you too will be driving.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.