Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
Will a euro style license plate fit inside the oil cooler cutout area of the fiberglass GT front bumper?
jonferns
wait...wouldnt that cut the air flow confused24.gif and defeat the purpose? unless...u dont have an oil cooler...hmm.... biggrin.gif -JON
race914
We don't run a front plate on the 6 and haven't got stopped yet... Knock on Wood (lot's of it in a 914 biggrin.gif )

Click to view attachment
BiG bOgGs
Sorry, I am still learning all the proper things about the world of 914. I meant the Prototype one piece fiberglass front bumper from the 916. It has an area in the lower front that can be cut out for a cooler, but I was just wondering if the glass was not cut out, could a euro style plate be mounted there.
SirAndy
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Nov 18 2007, 05:53 PM) *

Sorry, I am still learning all the proper things about the world of 914. I meant the Prototype one piece fiberglass front bumper from the 916. It has an area in the lower front that can be cut out for a cooler, but I was just wondering if the glass was not cut out, could a euro style plate be mounted there.

it'll be a tight fit for sure ... my CA plate fit fine, that was before i added the front cooler.
now i just run without a plate.

i don't think that area was designed to hold a european licenseplate. you might have to bend the edges a bit ...
shades.gif Andy
TC.356
If you mean the reproduction 916-style front bumpers that they sell these days, and you're talking about the long thin modern European plates, rather than the vintage oval plates . . . then YES, they fit just great. I just now went down cellar with my plate and put it against the "bumper" and it was perfect. Thanks for the super idea, that's just where I'm going to mount mine.

If you'd like a reproduction "ADAC-Pannenhilfe" disk to go in the spot under the registration expiration sticker on your plate, just let me know your mailing info and I'll send one out. I made some up on my computer and covered them with a cool "bubble top" protective coating. They look terrific. It's the least that I can do in return for the neat idea. Probably never would have thought of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.