Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another tire thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgw
I'm putting 6x16 Fuchs on my 73 914, its a 2.4 six conversion. Probably 205x55x16 tires. Yes, they will fit.
I'm not going to race, I'm probably not going to autox, and if I do I don't care about having the best autox tires. I want tires that do as many of these as possible:
don't make a lot of tire noise
provide a reasonably comfortable ride
don't squirm too much on the bay area's grooved paving
work good in the dry and the wet.

What are you driving on that you are happy with?
blitZ
I have Fuzion ZRi which are available in that size. They are a great street tire, fairly sticky as I currently AX with them. Seem to wear well, I've had them for an abusive year and still look new.
woobn8r
Look for tires that come on luxury sedans (like BMW) and you'll find speed rated tires that are quiet and smooth...stay away from "sport" tires and look for "touring" models

Michelin, Bridgestone
village idiot
QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 16 2007, 04:21 PM) *

I have Fuzion ZRi which are available in that size. They are a great street tire, fairly sticky as I currently AX with them. Seem to wear well, I've had them for an abusive year and still look new.

+1 on th Fuzions. I have them on my 911 and my 914. I don't race(right now) so I don't see a need for the stickiest rubber out there. These seem more than adequate and the price is unbeatable
Dr. Roger
Here ya' go. beerchug.gif

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...tireSearch=true

I have Pilots on my ride.
Garland
Tires Link

The link is:
Fuzion HRi $46
vs
Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge $98

I like the Goodyears, Cornering Stability Very hi!
Garland
OK here you go, right size
Goodyear / Michelin
woobn8r
Found the link...

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselecto...?productID=1046

Correct size, V rated, quiet, smooth, state of the art technology....It doesn't get much better.
But you will find cheaper.

S.
dgw
Thanks everybody.

I buy all my tires at the Tire Rack, but thanks Dr. Roger, I have never seen that grid before. I see a lot more tires in that size than show in that grid though. Did you use some selection criteria besides tire size?

I was hoping to hear some more personal experience, but maybe I drew the circle too small.

I've been using Yoko's or Bridgestones for the last few years, but its always good to have new inputs.
Dr. Roger
yes, i plugged in all of your criteria: size, all weather, and high performance. i didn't include ultra high perf, or summer tires as you specifically stated you weren't going to race, they must be civil on Cali roads, and decent in the rain.

=)

Their tire performance rating shades.gif filters are great for getting a tire in the ballpark of what you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.