Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermal imaging..pretty cool!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draperjojo
Couple shots from the garage a few minutes ago. These cameras are pretty cool. I think I'll take it outside and snap pics of the house and see where my heat losses are.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
TonyAKAVW
Awesome! Do you actually own this camera? They are pricey, and that one doesn't look to be a super low res one either...

Cool to see the reflection off the floor of the engine heat. Amazing what IR reflects off of well and what it doesn't.

-Tony
draperjojo
We just picked up the line and are selling them, mainly to maintenance guys at large plants for looking at loose electrical connections, bad steam valves, heat loss, etc.. Great for troubleshooting. They used to sell for 40-60K but now the have models starting under 6K. They are made by the same company that puts cameras on gunships for the military, and builds night vision stuff for law enforcement. I just took it home to get familiar with it before I take it out to demo for customers. I shot pictures of the Harley and the 911 just for fun to see the heat signatures. I'd like to take the 911 for a hard run, then put it on a lift and shoot from underneath and check the temps on the hot spots.

QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 16 2007, 10:49 PM) *

Awesome! Do you actually own this camera? They are pricey, and that one doesn't look to be a super low res one either...

Cool to see the reflection off the floor of the engine heat. Amazing what IR reflects off of well and what it doesn't.

-Tony

crash914
yea, we just got one at work...

I took a few pictures of a spiral hardener at -60 degrees F. hard to use at that low temperatures...
GWN7
We have the Bullards at work..........I get to play with one while hunting next week smile.gif
McMark
That's neat!
SirAndy
QUOTE(draperjojo @ Nov 16 2007, 06:20 PM) *

and see where my heat losses are.

at least your hood stayed cool!
biggrin.gif Andy
Mugs914
That's awesome! I wouldn't mind to have one of those things myself but they're a bit rich for my blood.

Maybe in a few more years Radio Shack will be sellin' 'em...
orthobiz
If you're OUTSIDE taking a picture of your own house,
may your master suite be BLUE!

Paul
aircooledboy
Man I would kill to have one of those to find my heat losses in this old farm house. aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
Man I would kill to have one of those to find my heat losses in this old farm house.

That's easy... it's the roof, side walls, windows, doors and foundation. The rest should be fine. wink.gif
draperjojo
Does his barn have a dent in it??? biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Don't laugh... I hear a "lot" of heat can be lost in a dented panel! tongue.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Twystd1
Do they allow those at nudist camps........ ?????????

IF SO.....

I have another KILLER idea...... And it's a good one....

Aaron... ya got to hear this... it's a winner idea. We can conquer the world with this idea. We will start it in Finland though.
( lotsa running room, like forests and stuff)

This would be even BETTER than our last collaboration.
Remember the web site that we founded "Pregnant Lesbian Nuns With Midget Ferrets"???
Even though it didn't go that all that well and the feds were on us in 3 days.
And the investor pool from the church you mom led us to were a little pissy......
(yet, still a valiant effort)

DUDE, this is a MUCH better model........ OMG....!!!!!!!!!!!

OH man... If only this takes off........... HHHHmmmmmmmmmm

Da thinking cap is on overload. This is SSSoooo good.....

Laterzzz. I must think.

Twystd1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.