Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: World's Fastest Indian
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I just saw this movie and thought it was pretty cool. I thought I would pass along a recommendation.

In addition to some pretty cool speed scenes (which is what drew me in), the movie has a great message: Do what you are meant to do. It's usually around this time of the year where I can actually sit down and watch a movie, so I just thought I would pass it along.

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

johannes
Yep ! nice movie .

Watched it on the "big screen" here in France last year.

BTW we have in Strasbourg the largest theater in Europe
25 screens 5400 seats
IPB Image

Bought the DVD too...

... driving.gif

Jax914
Yeah, that's one of the better movies of the last few years....

Add to it:

Ronin
American Grafitti
Vanishing Point
Bullitt
Gone in 60 Seconds
Two Lane Blacktop
LeMans

Gustl
I saw it in Sept '06 ... the original version, not the german sync

I liked it very much

a friend from work promised to get me copy of the DVD w00t.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
rick 918-S
Just bought the DVD.
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Nov 17 2007, 04:17 AM) *

I just saw this movie and thought it was pretty cool. I thought I would pass along a recommendation.

In addition to some pretty cool speed scenes (which is what drew me in), the movie has a great message: Do what you are meant to do. It's usually around this time of the year where I can actually sit down and watch a movie, so I just thought I would pass it along.

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

I picked up the DVD when it came out. I watched it 3 times in 2 days.
Burt Munro was the underdog of motorcycle racing. A couple of good read's are the book's "One Good Run" and "Burt Munro Indian Legend of Speed"
The DVD has a complimentary documentary about Burt that is inspiring.
I also remember back in the early 70's seeing pictures in speed magazines about this older gentleman who was beating out much bigger and newer bikes.
Amazing what the human will can achieve on a minimum budget.

Dirty old men need love to!
Brian_Boss
agree.gif with Jeff.

I thought the documentary (made by the film's director some years ago and the inspiration for the film) was as good or better than the movie. It has interviews with Munro and some cool footage of Bonneville.

If you liked the film at all, it's worth buying the DVD just to get the documentary.
GeorgeRud
Don't forget to credit Anthony Hopkins for playing Munro just perfectly. I loved the little workshop that he lived in and the attitude of just get up and do it if you want too.
okieflyr
That was the coolest story and movie ever in my book.
It had me hooked when Hopkins rolled out the bike at 4a.m.? in the morning and fired it up using the jumper cables and his boot.

I can relate....
anderssj
I read that Mr. Hopkins said this was his favorite role.

Other recommendations--relatively new: "The Illusionist," "Big Fish," "Second-Hand Lions," "Little Miss Sunshine" . . .

Older: "Bringing Up Baby," "His Girl Friday," "Dr. Strangelove," "Paths of Glory," "Breaker Morant," "Sons of the Desert" . . .

Are you looking for seasonal/holiday movies?
dflesburg
Made me want to leave my wife and kids and live like him...

No wait, its the crappy way they treat me that makes me want to do that...

sww914
All good recommendations so far. I'll add The Princess Bride, The Wind and the Lion, Edward Scissorhands, and Hudson Hawk, all good movies that families can enjoy together. I don't think that anyone ever saw Hudson Hawk but me, it got terrible reviews, bit it's a really fun movie to watch.
tracks914
Are you guys forgetting Barbed Wire??
Dr Evil
Freaking AWESOME! On your recommendations I rented it and found a new idol biggrin.gif That guy has balls that clank! Noel loved it too and I warned her that that is how I am going to be when I retire someday happy11.gif
drive-ability
I liked the worlds fastest Indian

"The Straight Story" Is a another good one!

anderssj
Ooops--forgot a good one: "The Man Who Would Be King" Sean Connery and Michael Caine, made around 1975--great adventure.
VaccaRabite
I've been thinking about picking up this movie for a little while. I think that this thread has made up my mind.

Zach
TeenerTim
Anything with Angelina Jolie in it!
IPB Image
VaccaRabite
Popped over to Amazon to buy WFI. Also got Grand Prix while I was there.

Zach
johannes
Visit IMDB ( Internet Movie Database) and look at the top 250 movies of all times !

There should be good stuff to watch in this list ...

You also have a list by genre ...

http://imdb.com/chart/

For ech movie you can see if it is available on DVD

Happy surfing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.