Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Tow Rig
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
90 Ford, 3/4 ton.....460ci. Gonna put a few Saudi kids thru college with this thing.
Joe Bob
8 gallons per mile prolly....I see your paint skills extend from the 914 to your drywall..... blink.gif

Congrtas....
Bruce Allert
Hey JP, you ain't gotta do no cleanin' before the get-together... just move the BAT (bigasstruck) & we'll have plenty of room laugh.gif

.............b beerchug.gif
J P Stein
Too many clumsy old farts like you & Craig & Jim acommin' to leave any shittage on the floor. I doanwanna' fund you & your lawyer's retirement.
Brad Roberts
Hum.. Did the Chebby crap out ?? Do you have a flat bed trailer ??

B
J P Stein
Swapped with my son-in-law he got the Chebbie, I got the gas hog....effin' gas tank is bout 6 feet long.

Ayup, flat bed trailer.
Brad Roberts
The nice thing about the 3/4 ton Ford.. it will pull the 914 on a open trailer and you will just barely know its back there. It has MUCH bigger brakes than your 1/2 ton did...towing life will be a little easier for you now.

B
rhodyguy
fewer reasons not to drive to bremerton. how is the weight loss program?

kevin
DuckRyder
If it is anything like mine you'll be looking under it all the time to see if there is a hole in the tank.

I swear I don't se how it can actually burn that much fuel..............................................

You could always drop a 514 in it. That might be amusing.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 31 2003, 11:05 PM)
Too many clumsy old farts like you & Craig & Jim acommin' to leave any shittage on the floor.

WOW! I'm in the same category as Craig & Jim... cool clap56.gif
Thanks for that. It's greatly appreciated. No, really, to be in their class is classy and to be able to trip over shittage, well, that's in another category all to itself laugh.gif
You young punks stay away from our shittage cool.gif

............b
seanery
what exactly is a shittage?
Joe Bob
Plural of shit.....but not just plain shit, shit that can be useful one day when you can get your shit together....assuming that your brain has not turned to mushy shit.....
J P Stein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 1 2004, 06:53 AM)
fewer reasons not to drive to bremerton. how is the weight loss program?

kevin

Ayup, Bremerton is the plan. Spend 50 bucks on gas to go there & get my doors blowed off....one of my better plans.

The weight loss thingy is commin' along. Did you know the inside rubber pad (behind the back pad) weighs almost 15 lbs? The interior is out. If I go to one seat.........danger lurks here. That nice interior may never go back in.

I'm looking for a bead blasting joint to strip them doors you solt me......eyeballing the dash pad & board.....this could get ugly.

Anybody need a complete brown interior?.... nice & not cheep.

Gawd, look at that effin snow come down......
What's your preference, global warming or another ice age?
nine14cats
JP,

If you yank the dash and cap out, weigh it for me....I'm interested to see how much it weighs. I just put in the brake bias valve yesterday....I'm real close to tearing the interior out....but my wife doesn't like the idea.... blink.gif...sez it won't be a comfy feeling...

It don't end...do it? laugh.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
Bill:

I tried asking in another thread.....how many Cookies have you gots? Would you consider selling any of them?...or I could try to swap then for some fresh, home-made chocolate chipers laugh.gif

On another note:
I have some perlon carpet. I've read that it can be shaped
& molded ......but dunno how.....water,heat, whut?

The dash cap prolly don't weigh more than 5 lbs and there is serious ugly underneath....
nine14cats
Hi JP....

Sorry about not answering in the other thread...I forgetted.... wink.gif

I'm actually trying to scam on ANOTHER FREE set of cookies....if I get them I'll give em to you....and maybe I will give up a set to you for a good price....I've got 20 cookies and 4 HRE 18" rims that are as heavy as boat anchors in the garage....I should take a pic but I'm actually embarrassed.... cool.gif

When running cookies...you may need spacers in the rear....I found that without them, I would rub the inside of the slicks against the frame under exstreme squat. And that is with 250 lbs rear H&R springs....Because of the f/g flares i'm running...I currently have a set of 21mm spacers up front and use either 21mm or 43mm spacers in rear depending upon by spring (I also have 180 lbs) springs and swaybar setup. With the 21mm spacers I get no rubbing with either spring combo. Each car is differnent in tolerances, but the cookies have more negative backspacing....

I'll let you know next week how my negotiations go.... blink.gif

I think the cookies are about as cheap a way to go racing....I've never paid more than $50 each for them....of course...they are scratched to s%^t....but I just paint em yellow...........yellow is faster......

laugh.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
Oops....I assumed the cookies had the standard 911, 5 inch backspace....Not?

I'm running 7mm spacers to keep the Fuch/Hoosiers off the inner fenders.....-2 deg negative + squat got me in trouble. I have to call around and find some longer studs.
nine14cats
I was under the impression that they had more negative backspacing than fuchs...but maybe not....I do rub without the spacers...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.