Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Valance Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
I curently have an old beat up OEM Fron valance on my car. It is a V5 race car that i drive on the street too. I was wondering how the other valances stack up and affect handeling. I like the looks of some like the kenisis but want to know what they actually do. Show me some pictures too.

SGB
Even the traditional LE valence will make a big difference I think. The old -no air dam at all- front valence is like a big scoop pushing air under the car. Look at that classic 914/6 poster of the 24 hours of LeMans. The front is lifting almost off the ground. But too much airflow reduction might make for hotter running. I like the LE myself.
markb
We've got a couple types of dams at the shop, we should throw them on & see how they do.
hwgunner
No one else???? drunk.gif
PeeGreen 914
I had the LE on before this one, and I can notice a BIG difference of the amount of lift from air coming under the front end. However, it was going around a hairpin turn at 70mph. So unless you go around those often I don;t think you wil notice too much difference between the LE and this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.