Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Um, it followed me home I swear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Well, I found my new project car biggrin.gif Its a 74 FP racecar.

It will need some work, but man I just couldn't pass up the deal. I can't tell you just yet where I found it because, while I trust you guys, I am trying to work a deal on a few other things. I should know more before Thanksgiving.

So ladies and Gentlemen, It is my pleasure to introduce my new 914 "Moby" smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
More pictures piratenanner.gif

davep
Interesting, looks like a nice score. What is the history of the car?
dakotaewing
Is the blue car FS ????

piratenanner.gif

Congrates !!!
race914

Good Acquisition! How many 914s are you up to now??
JPB
I send a schwing in your general direction. OOops, I mean your car's general direction. beer.gif
rhodyguy
what the heck is the deal with the induction system? fi runners, cross bar, and some mystery items we're unable to see. side draft webers or dels?

k
Pnambic
Wow!!! I tell you what Garold, your Julie is one helluva great gal to let you indulge yourself like this! I'm jealous! smile.gif

Congrats on the score! So when are you gonna start teaching Nathan how to drive? With your garage, he oughta be a sensation in F1 in 10 years at what, age 15? smile.gif

Bartlett 914
Garold that car is awesome! Now you can have fun and not risk scratching that nice new paint job on your DD.

BTW it will be a lot faster if you put the motor IN the car. beer.gif

What is the displacement of the motor. Looks like is was a 1.7 or a 1.8. Do you have any information on it?
GaroldShaffer
Interesting, looks like a nice score. What is the history of the car?

Belonged to a guy in Wisconsin. He passed away a few years ago and they are now clearing up his estate. It has been ran in mainly vintage and a few scca races. There at least 15 race cars there, all mostly 924/944 and a few 914.

Is the blue car FS ????

yes, but not for long if I can get the deal colsed on it biggrin.gif

Good Acquisition! How many 914s are you up to now??

Um, Three screwy.gif piratenanner.gif

what the heck is the deal with the induction system? fi runners, cross bar, and some mystery items we're unable to see. side draft webers or dels?

I found it interesting also. The carbs are webers. I will post more pictures tomorrow of the engine. Story is engine was pulled at the end of the 2003 season because of low compression. They couldn't tell me which cylinder, but that is ok it needs to be gone through anyway after setting that long. It still turns over by hand.
GaroldShaffer
Yep Dan you are right, she is the best. Only rule is she must be able to part her truck in the garage every night. So now my newer Ram truck sits outside along with the 944.

Anyone interested in a 88 944 NA with 69K miles and all major service complete this spring (7k miles ago)? smile.gif

Nathan hasn't seen this yet, but man you should that little bogger drive the racecar game at this place in town. Best was racing the most difficult course and racing a 17yr kid head to head, not only did he beat the 17yr, but he came in 2nd place. smilie_pokal.gif

Not bad for a 5yr old driving.gif
Aaron Cox
looks like weber sidedraft DCOE's

that is random.... lol
Eric_Shea
Ummm, Garold... yer crazy blink.gif

biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
That is soooo Cooool! Very retro looking with the strips. Luv the webers!!! wub.gif Nice score Garold! aktion035.gif
krazykonrad
Nice score! beerchug.gif
Konrad
Pnambic
Ya know, back when I was just a little tyke, I had a matchbox car....I think it was a 935, that as I remember, was painted very much like that #64 of yours above. I loved that car so much that I used it as a template for my first pinewood derby car.

I musta done something wrong though as it didn't win anything for me....hahaha I wish you better luck than I had Garold!

BTW....I think the muffler might be hanging a little low on that third pic... wink.gif
jim912928
Garold...great find! If these cars are up my way (just outside milwaukee) let me know when you are up this way and I would be glad to help if you need some.
Beamer13
Yes, that is a nice car!! It was good to meet you this past weekend while you were here. Picked up my parts car ( the burgundy one) on Sunday!! Now the real work begins!!
mudfoot76
That is going to be an awesome addition to your collection!!! When are you bringing it down to Putnam Park?!!?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Nov 19 2007, 11:11 AM) *

That is going to be an awesome addition to your collection!!! When are you bringing it down to Putnam Park?!!?

Ha, I new you would chime in smile.gif Once it is running I plan to do a few DE events in 08.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.