Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of injector is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
I just pulled the motor (1.8 L-Jet) from the car today. I pulled off all the FI and tin. As I'm removing the injectors from the intake tubes, I notice the passenger side injectors are not stock. The driver's side ones are stock. The only marking on them are the letters RAM stamped into the pink plastic where the part number would go. The hose appears to be permanently attached.

Click to view attachment

Anyone have any info on these? Can I continue to use them? The car did run fine with them, however I noticed a small amount of gas in the black box where the intake tubes meet.

I have four spare injectors that came off an allegedly running motor. Is there a way to test these outside of the car? Other than replacing the 2 rubber seals, what else should I do before using these old injectors?
JeffBowlsby
Post the PN, so we can find out how close to stock these are.
Cevan
On one side there is the # "3161" and on the other "RIN-510"
Cevan
I dug up a repair invoice the PO had given me. He had two injectors replaced. The part number on the invoice is CRB 218532. A google search turned up this.
Cevan
Am I really stumping all the experts on this forum?
type47
i'm no expert but looks like a generic replacement injector without any way to cross reference it to OEM part number injector. no flow rate given to compare to stock....
roadster fan
I am no expert either but it according to the D&M Auto site, that injector is for a 1.8 L-jetronic engine. They appear to also sell remanufactured injectors so I would suspect that is the right injector for a 1.8 only.

Hope this helps.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.