Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting rust removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Here is an interesting rust removal article. And a product that may have a 914 future.
http://www.safestrustremover.com/
CCL
dinomium
I am thinking I might have to get some of the for the Ugmo... idea.gif
Twystd1
Craig,

I have used that stuff. It IS as good as they advertise.

Only thing you have to know is it doesn't work if the part is greasy. it doesn'y cut grease very well.

I posted up that website a couple years ago at tyhe club site... And nobody believed me... (Kinda like right now)

It is that good.

Clayton
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Nov 19 2007, 12:01 AM) *

Craig,

I have used that stuff. It IS as good as they advertise.

Only thing you have to know is it doesn't work if the part is greasy. it doesn'y cut grease very well.

I posted up that website a couple years ago at tyhe club site... And nobody believed me... (Kinda like right now)

It is that good.

Clayton

If I buy some and it doesn't work I blame you av-943.gif

May be interesting to try on the heap in my yard.
Mikey914
I just ordered some, if it does half of what it claims, it'll be awesome!
dflesburg
Eastwood sells it too... as does several others....
Chuck
Craig and Clayton,

Thanks for posting about this. I had run across the site while researching rust removal but wasn't sure about it. Sounds like it has the seal of approval. Now, how does one go about dipping a whole car in this? biggrin.gif
sww914
QUOTE(Chuck @ Nov 19 2007, 02:40 PM) *

Craig and Clayton,

Thanks for posting about this. I had run across the site while researching rust removal but wasn't sure about it. Sounds like it has the seal of approval. Now, how does one go about dipping a whole car in this? biggrin.gif

You need a 5005 gallon bucket!
flippa
I just ordered a gallon of this stuff to test it out. I need to clean off some surface rust of a bunch of pieces & parts of the car.

FIgured that I would pull this post out for input/information. Twystd1 stated that he used it in the past & was sold on it. Any of you other guys used it? It seems almost too good to be true.

Once I get it I am going to dip a few smaller pieces, try to clean up some surface rust on my engine tins & may try it on the inside of the gas tank. I will let you all know how it works out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.