Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some cheat codes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
I had recently broken my driver's side CV joint, and after having to drive 150 miles for a rebuildable axle, I was ready to install tonight.

I go to put the axle in, and there isn't any way to clear the shift linkage ('75 sideshifter.)

So I'm in a conundrum. I don't know haw to remove the shift linkage on a sideshifter. And I don't know how else to get the axle in there.

If anyone has some tips or tricks, or can please tell me how to remove the shift bar, I would be grateful.

KMA.gif

PeeGreen 914
I don't know why you would need to, but you can just remove the cover on the linkage to remove the bar to the trans part. then it is just a little set screw you need to worry about. Then you need to do the same at the firewall to get the bar all the way out if you need to.
alpha434
The other set screw is under the large rubber boot at the firewall?

Where is the pivot point on the bar? Or is there even one outside of the cabin?

BTW, Jon. I'm looking at your recent post in the sandbox....

Niiiiiiiice..........!
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif Yes, if you slide the boot away from the firewall you will see the U-joint. Then you will also see the set screw.

Hey Chris... Just found out I'm going to have another kid.... well, the wife is. More racers on the way biggrin.gif

Are you going to come to the WCR in Seattle?
alpha434
ANOTHER KID?!?!??!??!

Criminey! You're poppin them out left and right! What's that? 2?

Getting kids racing is expensive. I know first hand. I had to pay my way into the racing world at 15.

How would you do that? I mean if you get them karting, then as one kid grows out of little carts, you can give the younger kid the little kart and buy the big kig the TaG kart (or whatever.) Except at some point, the younger kid will SERIOUSLY resent getting hand me downs. Unless, of course you can make sure that maintenance and modifications are carried out by the whole team, together. Then the younger kid will feel like an integral part of the faster kart's success. But the older kid might resent having the young kid working on his kart if he's not very fast.

Hmmmm....
alpha434
And the other thing is that a competitive model that you buy for the older kid (everyone wants to win, yeah) may no longer be competitive by the time the younger kid gets it. And that could give the kid an inferiority complex. Especially if the kart was successful when the big kid ran it.

But the only other option seems to be buying new models for each kid every time they promote. And that could be to the tune of 20,000$/kid by the time they're racing sportscars or formulas.
PeeGreen 914
Yup, that will make two. My wife was on birth control too dry.gif . Well, if it is another boy we will see how the little race team comes to be. I have been prepairing for them to become racers since I found I was going to have the first. I have a Kart already, and now I just need to build it up a little more. It will work somehow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.