Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 owners...need a measurement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
This might be tricky to measure unless you have one on the bench but a measurement from the firewall to the bellcrank would be a big help as I can work out the total length from that.
There's a control cable manufacturer near my office who can make me a new one.

The measurement I'm guessing is 2300mm
sww914
I have a used one, but it's at GPR so that he can do the same as you, measure it to have repros made. If nobody can get you the measurements for you I'll go get mine and measure it.
thesey914
much appreciated, thanks
thesey914
Bumpety bump. Can anyone help? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
Jeffs9146
I took a look at mine and based on your request for the measurement from the firewall to the bell crank I am not sure what that will tell you? I measured the total length at 46" but the sheathing stops short of the bell crank and is attached to a bracket before the bell crank.

idea.gif

sww914
Sorry I didn't flake out as much as it looks like I did. GPR sent mine to get it duplicated at Terry Cable but they never sent it back. Dave says he'll get me a new one eventually.
thesey914
Thanks guys, so Jeff the total length of the metal cabling is 46" (eye to eye)?
I will make up some outer sheathing but it's the inner actual cable that I need to get swaged.
If it's easier I can work out the total length if I have the measurement from the firewall backwards (unless someone has one on the bench) smile.gif
Gint
I'll look later this morning and see if I can find my cable. I pulled it some 3 years ago or so and I'm not even entirely certain where it's at.
Al Meredith
The one I have is 8' 5" from ball end to ball end. The sheath is 40 3/4 " Hope that helps Al
Jeffs9146
The one I have is 8' 5" from ball end to ball end. The sheath is 40 3/4 " Hope that helps Al

That sounds about right! Mine mesured 46" from the firewall to the end of the ball on the bell crank so the sheath would be approx 5 1/4" less when mounted. The cable moves freely in the sheath so the over all mesurment without the balls on the ends would also be a VERY nessary mesurment, as would the thread length, if you are having one made! You then have up to 3/4" adjustment on either end from there too adjust the over all length!

thesey914
Brilliant! thanks guys -massive help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.