Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Arrival Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
OK, so week before last I tried to get in touch with Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) Nilsen to get a status on my car since my buddy was told January was the projected arrival date in Italy. Got his answering machine all week; this past week I was in Sonthofen so didnt' get to call.

Called again today; TADA! He was in!! So he says, when did you drop off your car? I told him 1 October, "hmm, it might already be in Italy." WHOA DUDE! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO NOT UNTIL JANUARY?! Oh and by the way, NO ONE HAS CALLED ME TO SAY IT IS IN! WTF.gif

Long story short, Nilsen gave me a Navy guy to call in Italy, they were already gone for the day when I called at 1645, to check and see if my car was in. I will call the guy first thing in the morning and, with any luck, I will be taking a trip to Italy this weekend to pick up my car. w00t.gif

I will post an update once I get the down and dirty from Italy, wish me luck. I think I will be trying out my new wide angle and zoom lenses on the trip!
championgt1
Good luck in getting your car. Take some pictures to show us. driving.gif
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif
hcdmueller
Snow tires? You might need them if you are going anywhere near the Alps. Maybe chains. I hope your car is there and safe. Have a great trip. I can't wait to make that trip myself.

Chris
Gustl
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Nov 19 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Snow tires? You might need them if you are going anywhere near the Alps. Maybe chains.

agree.gif
a friend was 3 days in Meran (North Italy) and told me that they have plenty of snow - and the same is for Tirol and South Germany
maybe you should consider a train cargo from Milano to Munich ??

bye1.gif Gustl
markb
clap56.gif
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif cool!
orthobiz
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Nov 19 2007, 03:15 PM) *

Snow tires? You might need them if you are going anywhere near the Alps. Maybe chains. I hope your car is there and safe. Have a great trip. I can't wait to make that trip myself.

Chris

In the snow: put it in gear, open the door, get out and push. Jump back in when you start rolling.

Paul
stephenaki
NOPE NO CAR! headbang.gif

Talked to the Navy guy in Italy who handles them and it isn't in yet. I think the ship that left in October was full so my car didn't make it on. Such is life.

On the upside, gives me a bit more time to plan. I have an email in to LCDR Nilsen and will follow up with a call this afternoon my time to see if I can get a date that it will be in. RATS! sad.gif
stephenaki
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 19 2007, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Nov 19 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Snow tires? You might need them if you are going anywhere near the Alps. Maybe chains.

agree.gif
a friend was 3 days in Meran (North Italy) and told me that they have plenty of snow - and the same is for Tirol and South Germany
maybe you should consider a train cargo from Milano to Munich ??

bye1.gif Gustl

Yeah, that was the plan for January, drive to Livorno and take a train with the car on it to Munich. Based on what your telling me I am definately geting on a train...unless there is a strike of course.
stephenaki
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Nov 19 2007, 12:15 PM) *

Chris

I say we get a trip for the summer to go and visit Gustl in Austria! Don't know that the wife will want to go, she about broke off the Toyota's arm rest driving through the twisties last week. Besides, don't have room for her AND the 2 year old in the teener.
Gustl
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Nov 20 2007, 10:37 AM) *
I say we get a trip for the summer to go and visit Gustl in Austria!

that sounds great - I know some really cool roads in the areas of South Germany, Tirol, Vorarlberg and Norther Italy driving.gif
that's gonna be a cool trip piratenanner.gif
beerchug.gif Gustl
hcdmueller
A road trip sounds great. I will have to see if the wife wants to go too. Depends on if she can get off work. I will be down for driving and some good beer no matter what.

Chris

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.