Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance Claim Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pnambic
Alright, I was in an accident over the weekend. I've got a '73 914 that is not in what you'd consider "showroom" condition, though it was certainly better than a lot I've seen.

I'm insured with Hagerty. The guy that hit me is insured with Progressive. He's at fault. Now, should I file a claim through Hagerty and let them hammer it out with Progressive or should I just go straight through Progressive?

My concern is that Progressive may be quicker to total the vehicle than Hagerty since Hagerty specializes in this stuff and Progressive doesn't. Anyone have any experience with a 914 damage claim through Progressive?
VaccaRabite
Go through your insurance, and they will go through Progressive. Even if you don't contact Hagerty, they are going to find out about the accident. You pay them to represent you, let them do their job - they are a well respected company and can probably do more for you then you can yourself.

Oh, and sorry to hear about the crash. How bad is it? Pics?
Zach
PRS914-6
I would call Hagerty and let them know. They will fight for your interest if only to protect themselves from having to pay and make sure you get a fair shake.

I had a similar issue when someone hit my wife's car in a parking lot. It became a pissing match to who was at fault. The two insurance companies (both State Farm) duked it out and my wife was deemed not at fault. We did nothing but wait for the answers (and the check).....hassle free
rick 918-S
As the resident a$$ h*!# insurance adjuster... Go with Hagerty. They are better equipt to value your vehicle that Progressive. They will pursue progressive and get your deductible from them as part of the settlement.

And be nice. Adjusters need wub.gif too.. laugh.gif
Dr. Roger

I agree! beerchug.gif
Pnambic
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 20 2007, 11:05 AM) *

Oh, and sorry to hear about the crash. How bad is it? Pics?

Here's my Crash Thread Not too bad, but I'm just freaked about the possibility of the car being totalled for far less than its worth to me. Its not that there's ton of sentimental value, though there is that to a certain extent. But its just not terribly easy to find decent 914's anymore, ya know?

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 20 2007, 11:35 AM) *

As the resident a$$ h*!# insurance adjuster... Go with Hagerty. They are better equipt to value your vehicle that Progressive. They will pursue progressive and get your deductible from them as part of the settlement.

HAHA I've actually worked in insurance for the last 7 years, but never on the claims side. My current focus is monitoring Customer behaviors, studying ways to keep customers longer. But I know what you mean. Both of the adjusters I've spoken with, the one from Hagerty and the one from Progressive, were female, which makes them easier to love right there... laugh.gif

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

....but you should see all the flies you catch by giving them shit!!!
Gint
Last time I got hit, I let my insurance company chase his insurance company. I had to pay my deductible up front, but it was reimbursed after everything was settled. Well worth it.
VaccaRabite
I highly doubt they would total that - seems to be hardly any damage. But if they do, just buy it back and use the rest of the buyout for fixing and upgrades.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.