Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally won one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
mikelsr
We had our last AX of the year and I took 1st in a bump class (SM2 and others). Yes there was more than one car. I've seen my progression from being beat (time wise) by a number of people in a lot of different classes to beating them. Or to being very competitive with them. Its fun to have people come up to you and seeing what your times were so they can compare.

The even better part is that I am watching my videos and seeing where I was slow and then rethinking how I could enter a turn better, brake sooner or later, accelerate smoother, etc. I haven't been out a lot this year because of car problems but I think most of those problems are solved. My goals next year is to be more consistent and smoother on ALL inputs and to hit a few DEs.

Here is my best run:
My best run of the event

Mike
drew365
Congratulations, nice video. If you start doing DE's the next learning device should be a data acq. system. Sync it to your video and you have all kinds of info to ponder. Wouldn't help much at AX unless you bring along a lap top, and down load between runs. It would show you exactly where you're braking and accelerating and help decide where to adjust.
GaroldShaffer
drunk.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Good job. I know how you feel I chased a kid in a Honda Civic for a few years to Finally beat him in the last run of the season two years ago to win 1st in DSP. I now always beat him, even after all the go fast mods he has done. That tells me my skills have gotten better. Keep on driving.gif

Nice video also.
blitZ
Nice job, that's a tough class!! I'm in SM2 also and am always a few seconds behind the front runners. I'm going to have some DOT R tires next season, should help a bit.

smilie_pokal.gif
woobn8r
Congratulations!

The best performance improvement you can ALWAYS do.... is to the nut that holds the wheel...

Keep it up.
mikelsr
As they say, good tires will give you 2 seconds. Get 'em and have a blast next season.

QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 21 2007, 06:22 AM) *

Nice job, that's a tough class!! I'm in SM2 also and am always a few seconds behind the front runners. I'm going to have some DOT R tires next season, should help a bit.

smilie_pokal.gif

Joe Ricard
Yup good tires = go fast. But not without good suspension.

Nice job on the class win. Now you need to write about a PAX win or overall FTD.

I like beating Hondas too. I got this guy in SM that is my closest competition 350 HP turbo Civic. Last event I had him covered till he somehow got a re-run with a drying track. losing by a few 10ths sux.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.