Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snow/914 Photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marc_hines
Took these this moring...
marc_hines
Inside the Garage, Looking out:
machina
back that thing out of the garage and have some fun.

btw,
what's that white stuff?

dr
boxstr
ODOT has closed the roads and will fine you $141 if you do not have traction devices or traction tires on your vehicle. Spoil sports.
CCLINTHESHINING
morph
Still snowin here, I have about 15 inches in the back yard.
morph
Here is a picture I took this morning
#1RAGE
I only got my 914 last spring so this was the first winter since it has been in my possession. It wasn't until well after the first snowfall when I finally found a good place for it to rest during the winter. Until then it was in my parents garage but they wanted the parking spot for the van in the winter. So in November I finally found a nice place for the 914.

It was about -17 °C (darn close to 0 °F) and my 914 has no heat at all. Luckily the drive was less than five minutes so I just dressed warmly and let her run for a while before I drove anywhere.

It would be fun to drive it in the winter but the snow and salt would be not be helpful, especially considering that my 914 might have some bad rust already.

I can't wait for the spring :boing:
#1RAGE
Just another note. The drive was only about a block on that fresh snow and then I got on to the freeway and it was totally clear of snow.

I should make a proper post about this, but the reason I bought my 914 was because I was a Porsche lover last winter and I kept noticing this 914 under a blanket of snow. When it started getting warmer out, I really did not like watching all that snow melt on top of the car so I left a note in door of the apartment building it was parked next to. The owner contacted me and I got what I think was a pretty good deal on it. cool.gif

It wasn't too long before I was driving my first Porsche (and first car). mueba.gif
boxstr
#2353756090 Ebay has the facilite for you If you are tired of the snow or want to work on your 914 in dry and secure surroundings thisis th eplace for you. Or create your own city You have heard of Boy's Town, Michael Jackson has, you could start 914TOWN.
CCLINUNDEGROUNDCITY
#1RAGE
Too bad I don't have $4 million kicking around.

We should all split the cost and start this 914 town... sounds like a good idea clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.