Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lowering Corbeau FX1 Pro seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tango-52
I put a pair of these in my '73 using the adapter brackets because I didn't want to cut on the floor. The seat itself has four fiberglass feet that extend down about an inch and the mounting bolts are long. Can I grind off the feet and use shorter bolts? Any suggestions are appreciated.
jasons
A lot of seats don't fit in the 914. Most people using a seat like that use the Corbeau Forza. It fits, but its not as nice as the seat you have. You should ask Corbeau about grinding the feet. You may have no choice but to floor mount those.

tango-52
I just got off the phone with Corbeau and was told I could grind off the feet, and if I need to I can even just drill new holes through the bottom as long as I reinforce the holes with large diameter bumper washers. Sounds like I have a project for Friday. I'll let you know how it works out.
blitZ
Please post some pictures when you get them installed. Are you retaining the backpad?
tango-52
I will take pictures and I intend on retaining the stock backpad.
jonferns
popcorn[1].gif
tango-52
It's done! And it worked out real well. Now I have to put all the pictures in a useable format.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.