Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are YOU thankful for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gary
I know, it's a couple days early, but I got a nice package today, so it's time to celebrate!

Our family has a Thanksgiving tradition of reflecting on the year and sharing what we're thankful for as we eat ourselves into oblivion.

So, at the risk of being heavy and sappy,

1. I'm thankful to be home after 9 months in the big sandbox. As a medical professional, I witnessed the very best and very worst that people do one to the other. It really makes you proud to be part of a great country. You just don't know down deep until you've seen otherwise first hand.

2. I'm thankful to have a loving family and supportive friends. Being away makes a lot of other things pale by comparison.

3. I'm thankful to get a nice something for the teener. A lot of guys come back and buy bikes or cars they can't afford. When this rebuilt 3.2L came available on the bird board a couple months back, I jumped on it. My 914 is my daily ride, so having EFI and a nice rebuild by Aircooled classics will be great. I'll do the swap over the Christmas holidays.

Click to view attachment
Gary
And a nice set of stainless pipes:

Click to view attachment

OK, Your turn...
PeeGreen 914
I have too much to say, but mostly thankful for my hot wife, cool little boy, family, and my 914 biggrin.gif .
jonferns
i am thankful for:

1- Having a loving family that feeds me! hehe
2- Having friends that are willing to help me with (almost) anything
3- 914world.com
4- garage space
5- and...

IPB Image

Michael N
I am thankful for: Family, Friends, Having a decent job and California not requiring smog checks on cars built in 1970 and 1974. smile.gif
computers4kids
I'm thankful for an awesome wife who allows me to indulge myself with 914s and doesn't say a word about why both slots in our garage are filled with 914s and one on the side as well, while our nice cars sit outside. piratenanner.gif

And of course, thankful for family & friends...
i love porsche
im thankful:

that im finishing college this year...even though it freaks me out

for my great family and them putting up with the 914 in the garage.

for this great place that has kept me going on 914s, even though mine i soooooo hopeless right now
zymurgist
I'm thankful that the Sandbox still has the HOT CHICKS thread.
Eric_Shea
My family and all the great friends I've met here.
So.Cal.914
I am thankful for my family, friends, being alive and thankful to be walking again.
army dude
I am thankful for...

* only getting blown up 5 times in three tours in Iraq
* being in the right place at the right time to care for my guys as their medic
* and of course...I am thankful for all the people here who have supported me and helped in ALL MY SILLY PROJECTS AND ADDICTIONS of the 914 persuassion!!!

*oh yeah, THANX ADMIN PEEPS!!

Ian
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(army dude @ Nov 22 2007, 04:44 PM) *

I am thankful for...

* only getting blown up 5 times in three tours in Iraq
* being in the right place at the right time to care for my guys as their medic
* and of course...I am thankful for all the people here who have supported me and helped in ALL MY SILLY PROJECTS AND ADDICTIONS of the 914 persuassion!!!

*oh yeah, THANX ADMIN PEEPS!!

Ian

Ian,
To you & Gary - I'm thankful for you! I bow my head in respect to you & hundreds of thousands of others that have allowed us to have this day of thanks! Think we don't respect & appreciate your hardships? Wrong - you are heroes! Thank you for protecting us! Thank you for the horrendous things you've witnessed, but will keep silent for. Thank you from a Vienam Vet! Godspeed!

Pat
LarryR
My family, friends, good job and my latest 3.6 swap beerchug.gif

look ma no engine:
Click to view attachment

Soon to be installed:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.