Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many db do phase nines put out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Anyone have first hand experience with the db level of phase nines? Infineon recently instituted a 103 db level with one warning....I have a sub 100 db setup using a 911 banana that I use at Laguna Seca...but I'm hoping to get to play at Infineon with my new exhaust set-up...

Bill P.
KenH
Check out: Http://www.victorylane.com/old/Feb98_Noise.html

Then check:
http://www.quiethorsepower.com/quiet_exhaust.html

Then call and talk to Pete Weber at Quiet Horsepower.

Then pray for no rain on 2/14-15

Ken
nine14cats
Thanks Ken,

I'll check it out.....and yep...I don't want rain....praying already...

Bill P.
ChrisFoley
A single Phase 9 on a 4 cylinder will bring sound levels down to less than 95dB. I don't have data on six cyl. applications, but I think you will have no problem.
KenH
Chris - Pete said you may noise numbers on the Phase 10 on 4 cyl 2.0.

Do you ?? - and if so is it mounted at the output of the header combiner box (4:1) or is there a length of pipe between the box and the Phase 10??

Ken
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(KenH @ Jan 2 2004, 11:51 AM)
Chris - Pete said you may noise numbers on the Phase 10 on 4 cyl 2.0.

Do you ?? - and if so is it mounted at the output of the header combiner box (4:1) or is there a length of pipe between the box and the Phase 10??

Ken

What's a Phase 10?
KenH
I am sorry thought you knew. Pete Weber said you were making them. It is the muffler that look like a large coffee can on its side with the "in" at one end, and the "out" 180 degrees rotated at the other end.

May be I have you mixed up with sombody else.

Ken
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(KenH @ Jan 3 2004, 05:49 PM)
I am sorry thought you knew. Pete Weber said you were making them. It is the muffler that look like a large coffee can on its side with the "in" at one end, and the "out" 180 degrees rotated at the other end.

May be I have you mixed up with sombody else.

Ken

Oh, you mean one of these Quiet Cans:

I didn't know Pete called it a Phase 10.
ChrisFoley
The only sound data I have for these is in a 4-2-1 system that includes a Phase 9 with the Quiet Can attached in series.

Sound readings are typically below 90dB at the track with this setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.