Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 914 1.7 FI Looking for pricing opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I currently have 1 too many projects and one needs to go...I thought I would restore the 72 and 75 both at the same time, but realized I must have been smoking something when that idea crossed my mind. Need some help how to price this one and what to include or not include. I didn't want to just put it in the classfieds until I got some feedback.

So here goes, I have this original painted black 72 914 with a seized 1.7 with FI and a tailshifter. The car was last driven and registered in 96 when the owner passed away. It then sat with the driver's window down (wouldn't roll-up) with a plastic bag kinda of ducktaped over the opening. Well, 12 years of the elements pretty much ruined the interior.

Since I've owned it, I've stripped the intereior, removed the tar mats, and por-15 the floors which are in great shape.

Vehicle only has a little bit of rust under the battery tray (quarter size hole), and no other rust in trunks, longs, cowls etc that could be found. A few spots of rust on places where there is no paint..nothing that some sandpaper wouldn't remove.

Body is in great shape, the seals around the windows and targa top are shot. Other seals are OK.

Car came with a set of pedrinis

Glass is all good

Engine looks great but will not turn over...I've soaked the cylinders with marvel mystery oil with no luck

Nice bumpers and bumper tops.

I have purchased two perfect seats (reupholstered) for it

How much is a fair price to ask for it "as is" with the new seats?

What is fair if I keep the bumpers and seats?
computers4kids
more
computers4kids
last
dfwteenerpr
I will say $800 to 1000 without the seats. If you were closer I'd buy it for that. (like I need another project too!)
markb
Sounds like you need to pick up my 71 with the rebuilt 1.7 & sideshifter & make yours a runner, then make some nice $$$
boxstr
ebay it.
CCL
LarryR
When you figure out how much you want for it I am interested. I would really like to have a black car. I think 1K is a fair price and would be willing to pay that let me know. Send me a PM if that works for you.
LarryR
SOLD! Thanks mark the car made it home safe and sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.