Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Does anyone know where technology is with the pulse-detonation eng
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
I found data up to where GE and Pratt&Whitney were racing to get to the next step and into production but that was a few years ago.

I always thought this would be a screaming, bad-ass technology to explore.

Katmanken
Air and Space mag had an article on it not long ago. Check out the website.

As I recall, GE remarked they didn't want to get too far ahead of their customer (the gov) so they could keep receiving funding.

Also 3 versions of the technology from the old V1 to turbofan pulse jets.

Ken
alpha434
Pulse jets...

That was my senior project in vocational school. Me and a couple of the good 'ole boys built a complete one and ran it.
wbergtho
I've heard for years that there is a secret aircraft named Aurora. It is believed to be powered by an exotic new powerplant...perhaps pulse detonation. People who say they have heard it fly explain that the sky sounds like it is "ripping" with a pulsing sound. It is believed that they only fly at night. A famous aviation author wrote that this aircraft replaced the SR-71 Blackbird a few years ago. I believe his name is Bill Sweetman. This is all I know on the subject. I myself would like to know the latest. Keep digging.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.