Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What does FI on a 2.0 van look like?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dfwteenerpr
I changed my 1.7 to 2.0l displacement with stock components and am going to use a 2.0 Djet system. I have some 1.8 4 bolt heads to go on. 1.7 intake runners will bolt onto the head but are smaller than 2.0's. 2.0's will not bolt up. So I am wondering if I need to find some 2.0 van 4 bolt intake runners, or possibly the Ljet runners from a 1.8 are larger? I have read that the 4 bolt intakes are less prone to vacuum leaks so I'd prefer to stay with that rather than modify the heads to a 3 bolt setup.

Does the Van use the same type intake plenum as the 2.0 914's?

I think I can use 1.7 runners work with the 2.0 plenum if I cut the length and use a hose that will stretch a bit, so that's an option if needed, but not my preferred one.

What do you guys think?

TheCabinetmaker
I'm sure someone who knows better than me will chime in also, but, I "think" the 1.7/1.8 runners are the same. as far as the plenum to runner boots ar concerned, I "think" only the 2.0 are available anyway. They will clamp tight with no problem. If your gonna run a 2.0 d-jet, I'd use the 2.0 plennum and the 1.8 runners. I just purchased a 75 1.8 that has a 2L ecu, 1.7plennum and runners, and 2.0 injectors and mps. Damdest mismatch i've ever seen, but runs great.
Cap'n Krusty
1.7 runners are one engine only. They're substantially smaller in diameter. 1.8/2.0 and bus all use the same hoses, indicating the same diameter. The only problem you might encounter is the length. 2.0 bus runners might be your best choice, as I "think" 1.8 runners may "neck down" away from the plenum, so cutting them might not be feasible. I have a set at a reasonable price. The Cap'n
TheCabinetmaker
I kinda knew he'd respond to this. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.