Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP! Need front Wheel Bearings in Portland Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Well, I am screwed.

I am doing a brake job on my daily driver 914 over the break and after spending way to much time getting the rears completed (long story...mine were actually missing parts) I started working on the fronts. After heating up the rotors and freezing the wheel bearings, I realized that I the bearing set that I had were for a 911/912 and won't fit my 914.

I need a set of 914 Front Wheel Bearings...the inner and outer bearings, and the seal. Can anyone in the Portland Area help?

-Britain
Joe Owensby
You may try the local parts store. I had bought a set of bearings from one of the major Porsche parts suppliers, and they were defective. The radius on the inner part of the bearing race was too small, causing interferrence when it was put on the car's spindle. I had to get my car back together, so just went down to Advance auto parts and bought a set. Seem to work well. Joe
Britain Smith
Yea, that is a possibility. I will try that tomorrow also.

-Britain
sww914
They're super cheap and widely available. They were used on a gazillion VW's and nearly every real parts store should have them in stock. Kragen and Autozone type places might not, they seem to specialize in neon floor mats and LED windshield washer squiters. I'd think that every Napa or Big A would have them.
GWN7
FLAPS should have them....last fronts I did were SSK brand.......call ahead to save yourself a trip just incase
Britain Smith
Yea, I will try Napa tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

-Britain
boxstr
Hey call Discount Import Parts in Beaverton This is th eMilwaukie store number 503-659 7444
CCL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.