Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Induction parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
I can't remeber where this was originally posted ("guess this Part"?), but the turkey made me take a shortcut.

This was the orignal part discussed.....

Was discussed that this might have been a domestic part rettofitted to a spare air cleaner ('72) housing I have.

Still don't know what it does & isn't listed in PET, but see the following......
Pat
GWN7
Lots of stuff not listed in PET but it does exist smile.gif

AC (now AC Delco) stuff is found on lots of cars
Pat Garvey
Now, this is my original (also a 72) & I still don't know what it does.

You can see in the pic that is missing a "leg" - could've happened anytime over the last 30 years, but it it completely different. PN (VW) 022129640 - what's it's purpose?

Also included in the pics is the scewdown bolt for my '72 - soldered wingnut variety.

Pat

Sorry - I know this is crossposted, but the Thanksgiving turkey (wild) left me with enough triptophan that I'm getting verry sleepy & don't give a sh_t.
Slider
My 72 has the same piece on the air cleaner. so i dont think it was only that one mine is a CA car and it had it. with the AC on the top and everything.

im under the assumption it is a temperature controlled vaccum valve. mine has the two ports and one side goes to the intake manifold and the other side goes to the Vaccum operated valve that opens and closes between pulling in air from the top air horn and the bottom one that is ducted under the motor.

thats my take..maybe its just mine.. but hope it helps..

#5 on the diagram is my AC branded valve

IPB Image
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Slider @ Dec 12 2007, 01:19 AM) *

My 72 has the same piece on the air cleaner. so i dont think it was only that one mine is a CA car and it had it. with the AC on the top and everything.

im under the assumption it is a temperature controlled vaccum valve. mine has the two ports and one side goes to the intake manifold and the other side goes to the Vaccum operated valve that opens and closes between pulling in air from the top air horn and the bottom one that is ducted under the motor.

thats my take..maybe its just mine.. but hope it helps..

#5 on the diagram is my AC branded valve

IPB Image

Your diagram helps a lot & I believe it's spot on. Now it's starting to make some sense! Thanks!

But......question is - can this part be replaced, because I broke one of the vac legs removing mine? I mean I know how to replace it, but are replacement parts available?
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.