Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picture Request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jonferns
Going to clean up/paint a set of fogs I have, and wanted to do them properly. Does anyone have a pic of the back the way its supposed to look (whats painted, whats not, etc), and of the inside?. Also, IIRC, the housing is satin black, and the trim ring is gloss black? Thanks alot. -JON smile.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Nov 23 2007, 12:38 PM) *

Going to clean up/paint a set of fogs I have, and wanted to do them properly. Does anyone have a pic of the back the way its supposed to look (whats painted, whats not, etc), and of the inside?. Also, IIRC, the housing is satin black, and the trim ring is gloss black? Thanks alot. -JON smile.gif

Jon,

Sorry, no pic. The housing should be satin black, but not the rivets that hold it in place, nor the mounting piece & related hardware. Outer ring (which is brass) should be painted a semi-gloss (not satin) black.

Eric had a really good thread on how to do this - on this forum I think, about a year ago. It's NOT easy to do it right, but worth the effort (I think!). I have four sets that are in various stages of refurbishment, but the rivets that hold the mounts to the housing are still an issue. Those things appear to have been designed to take a frontal assualt from an elephant & I still don't have a tool to replace them.

Good luck!

Pat
jonferns
thanks Pat...while disassembling one of the lights today, the lense slipped out, and hit the floor, accompanied by the sound of breaking glass headbang.gif broke in half sad.gif Gotta go at it when I have some more time..

I found Erics thread on how to refinish them, he did an amazing job. biggrin.gif

-JON
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.