Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Newbie Question?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beamer13
Ok, so I'm new!! So, I am finding that all panels, ie: fenders etc... are welded on, is this the way it always is?? My brother-in-law is a bodyman, and he said that the fenders and such should be bolted on?? I am really confused. Trying to get my project underway, but if this is the case, it puts a little crimper in my original thought?? headbang.gif
jim912928
With the 914's, they were always welded on.
Beamer13
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Nov 23 2007, 08:39 PM) *

With the 914's, they were always welded on.

D#@! it!!! That stinks!!! So much for that idea!! You see I have a parts car that actually has a more solid under that wouldn't need any welding at all. The car I have has cancer, was just gonna swap out the panels, to limit the painting factor not to mention the chances of messing stuff up!! Now that I have to cut everything off and then weld back on, guess that's not as easy a task as I hoped. confused24.gif
lotus_65
so you don't want to build the roller back up with the parts from the rusty?

it's a pain, but you'd know almost everything after you where done...
TheCabinetmaker
Hey, keep asking. There are no stupid questions around here, but there are some stupid answers sometimes.
So.Cal.914
Aaah, you wanted to learn to weld anyway, and... welcome.png
Beamer13
Ha!! :-) Too funny!! the problem is that welding is what got me into this mess in the first place:-( If I wouldn't have been welding on this thing, I would be driving my baby right now... Fire is not so good :-( Oh well, I'm just glad that I found all of you guys and this forum!!! You have all been awesome!!! Thanks!! and by all means, any opinions advise, etc... please keep posting them or PM me.
Allan
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Nov 24 2007, 03:56 AM) *

so you don't want to build the roller back up with the parts from the rusty?

it's a pain, but you'd know almost everything after you where done...

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.