Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber carb jets/size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
The 914 I have with a 2.7 and has carbs is running way too rich as the exhaust smells like gas and about 10 MPG. The main jet is a 145 and the smaller a 65. For some strange reason it has 2 fuel pumps and the fuel pressure gauge reads about 9 psi and the dial to adjust it doesn't seem to change the pressure. It almost seems that the plugs are fouling out as when I first had it, it had plenty of snap and now has a real dead spot. Is the proper fuel pressure to be about 4 psi?
Any suggestions?
rhodyguy
2.7 4 or 6? webers? what flavor? pumps in series or tandem? why 2 pumps? i'm confused. with idf series webers you want 3.5#, max. you can purchase self regulated pumps in dif gal per hour delivery rates. you might consider buying the weber book from cbperfomance. a set of fresh plugs will prob bring the snap back...for a while. read the carb tech writeups at www.aircooled.net and mark harney's site, www.carburetorclinic.com.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.