Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does anybody know this 914-6 GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
The driver, Robert Frostrom, is very likely a US army guy who stayed in Germany. He raced this car from 1972-74 at some German track events - medium successful. From 1974 on, the driver's name occured at some VIR races in the USA.

Does anybody know more about this car?
VIN?
race history?

this photo is from
VIR 1974 October SCCA, 2. place
Gustl
here's another photo, from:
100-Meilen Hockenheim 1973
smg914
Thanks for the photo Wolfgang. I especially like seeing those front and rear stripes (you know why). I don't know the car but I know the name. I looked at some of my old pictures and found this:

#95 Robert Frostrom Jr. at the Camel GT Challenge - Pocono 1976

I remember talking to Robert at this event. I can't remember why but for some reason he gave me his phone number and a week or two later I called him and we talked. I'm sure it was 914 related but for the life of me I can't remember what we talked about. I don't have his phone number anymore. I'm sure it changed a few times since 1976.
davep
I think he was in MO at the time. Do you know where he worked, what profession? There are a few by that name that come up in Google. One at NASA and a few others. He must have quit racing about 1979.
smg914
I believe Robert was from the mid-west but thats all I can remember.
Bill Meyer
If he was from anywhere around Missouri there was a small operation called Bob Hindson racing in KC that was well connecting in the Porsche racing circles in the 70's. They are still in business but I'm not sure if Hindson is involved anymore. Might be worth a call though, see if they knew of Robert or his car.
Gustl
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 25 2007, 04:41 AM) *
Thanks for the photo Wolfgang. I especially like seeing those front and rear stripes (you know why).

Steve, let me hijack my own thread biggrin.gif

here's the 1971 dealer converted GT from Dieter Kilb

seems that these stripes were pretty common in 1971 wink.gif
Gustl
and here's the Neureuther-GT 914.0.43.0910

carr914
Steve, I talked to you today. What's up? If you Stripe, I want full stickers and camera mounts. HeHe.

T.C.
ps I hope your cool with my Signal Orange project.
smg914
You're a funny guy TC. I'm still try to definitivly prove that my car is that same car as the one in the early photo at the Nurburgring.

Your new 914 will look great in either signal orange or tangerine.

Gustl,
I spent a couple of hours today looking thru some old boxes in my garage for an old stack of business cards I collected back in the 70's and 80's. I'm thinking that I may have Robert Frostrom's business card somewhere. Didn't find it yet.

Note: I thought it was interesting that in the first photo in this thread you can see where the front side USA marker lights were located. They are in the exact location where the factory put them on the M471 USA cars. Here is a photo of George's US M471. The lense is lower and more forward than a non-flaired US 914.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 25 2007, 12:02 AM) *

here's the 1971 dealer converted GT from Dieter Kilb

seems that these stripes were pretty common in 1971 wink.gif

where was that picture taken????

idea.gif Andy
Gustl
a good guess would be: close to your origin home place idea.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 25 2007, 09:31 PM) *

a good guess would be: close to your origin home place idea.gif

bye1.gif Gustl

i saw that ... biggrin.gif

that's why i was asking. i thought maybe you knew more about the event/picture ...
bye1.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 26 2007, 11:22 PM) *
i thought maybe you knew more about the event/picture ...

unfortunately not ...
nsr-jamie
Wow! Amazing 914 with that rare M471 package!! Does George still have the car today? Didn't he also have a 916 too at one time? Is there any way to see his collection of cars....didnt see them on the website. Cheers
Gustl
he still has the M471 as well as the 916

check out his homepage
hit "PRE-OWNED PORSCHE CARS"
choose "Porsche 914-6"
select the one you would like to see ...

AFAIK the 916 isn't on this page

bye1.gif Gustl
Gustl
here's a shot of George with his silver 916 ... among some other highly desirable 914-6 drooley.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=121249

bye1.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.