Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 exhaust headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morgan
I have a pair of factory headers for a 914/6 to sell. Do not know what to ask for them. They are in good shape. Would love to trade for new race headers
John givemebeer.gif
Brad Roberts
Dont trade.

They are worth 1000$ US if they are in good condition and the heating tin is solid and doesnt move around a whole bunch.

Got pics ??

B
morgan
Will get some tomorrow when I'm at the shop. Would you like me to email you them?
JM beer3.gif givemebeer.gif
madd_dogg_914
Hey Brad, if they look good, lemme know, I think I would like heat in our little project. wink.gif
-Chris
Brad Roberts
Post them here so others can see them (it will help them sell).

B
morgan
Thanks for the tip. What race headers should I buy ?
It's Only going to be a 2.4L race motor.
JM beer3.gif barf.gif
Brad Roberts
Dont buy anything over 1.5 inch in diameter for race headers. To keep costs down I would probably recommend the 4cyl header guy in our "vendors" area. I posted his name/address. Then have them ceramic coated.

On second thought (Chris needs a set).. dont post the pics here.. I may want them for his project.. laugh.gif

My email address is: brad@all914.com

B
morgan
confused24.gif I thought he only made headers for 4bangers
JM
Brad Roberts
Unless you called him recently.. I'm pretty sure he sells/makes a 6 header. I wish I was setup to do the headers myself.

B
Gint
Let me know if Brad/Chris don't end up buying your HE's. I'm shopping for a set myself.

Anyone ever successfully resurrected a set of 914/6 heat exchangers?
morgan
Will do, Now I only got to find the rods for my engine
CARILLO Thats going to hurt the back side!!!!!!!!!!
JM
Brad Roberts
Yep. Sorry I cant help you with the Carrillos. I have a set for a 3.0.. but I think a friend of mine is going to buy them.

B
Gint
Yo Brad! did you see my question a couple of posts above? Ever seen someone rebuild a set of 914/6 HEs?
Brad Roberts
I did see it.. but I have never seen anyone successfully rebuild them. I am chatting with a certain manufacturer about doing replacement steel for the clamshells.

B
Gint
Lemme know how that works out. Mine are pretty junky.
ChrisReale
Qarl has a set of Euro Racing Headers from George for his 3.2L baby
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(morgan @ Jan 1 2004, 08:14 PM)
I only got to find the rods for my engine
CARILLO Thats going to hurt the back side!!!!!!!!!!

JWE is a stocking distributor for Carillo - i'd try there first.
East coaster
Brad/Chris, If your doing a 3.6 your going to have to cut and paste to get the stock HEs to work. I test fit mine to my 3.6 and it looks like it will require quite a bit of hackery. I was also curious about the sealing surfaces at the head flange, they seem too small. I figured I might have to add weld to the flange and resurface them to get a good seal. Has anyone actually put stock HEs on a 3.6???

The above stated reasons are why I was curious about other heating options. I also thought the stock diameter was too small for the 3.6 to breath properly??

If the HEs don't work out for my car, I'm going to have a real cherry set to sell!
Brad Roberts
We are doing a 3.0 in his car.. so no worries. I would not hack up a set of stock HE's for a 3.6 however. Sell them and buy some of the steel headers. The diameter of the stock HE's is "OK" at best for a 3.6, you end up losing about 300 RPM On the very top end depending on what muffler you run, but it does take a lot of effort to make them work. I shot some pics last year of what had to be done to make them work. I think the chain housings where in the way.

B
Brad Roberts
JohnM,

We will take those 9146 HE's for my customers car. They are a little more dented than I like, but I think they will clean up decent. Your pics are not real clear, but as long as none of the tubes have been repaired (exhaust tubes leading into the collector) I'm willing to pay 800$ for them.

Your camera requires you to hold it pointing at the object for few seconds after it snaps the shot. It looks like you where moving the camera away pretty quickly after it took the pic.

B
morgan
Not the camera was the lighting
JM confused24.gif
morgan
Brad did you get the new pics that I sent out. I have rr.com address
John
Brad Roberts
I received the pics but havent gone over them yet. I was sold on them from the first pics.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.