Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1969 914 Repa seatbelts-- Are they worth anything?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
hwgunner
I have a set. Are they worth anything?? they are in pretty good condition but would you say that they could be Concourse?? Several pics to follow.
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
nuther
hwgunner
last
Pat Garvey
Yepperdoodle!

Anyone who has a pre 72 1/2 914 should be able to use those bad boys!
Pat
GWN7
Their better than the ones in my 70..........figure out what you want for them and I may be interested smile.gif
davep
They are probably good for show, and the date could be useful in some ways. However for actual crash protection they are probably well past their 'best-by' date. What VIN car did they come out of?
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 26 2007, 02:00 PM) *

...... they are probably well past their 'best-by' date. ....

That thought has occured to me from time to time as I've belted myself in my '70/4 with the very same belts. But I ask myself "How or where will they fail?"
The mounting points? The metal is solid there and the bolts clean and tight.
The webbing? Yes, it's old, but they've been kept clean and dry.
The buckle? It too is clean, dry and latches as it should.

I realize that this hardware is now 37 years old, but I'm inclined to think that if I'm in a "head-on" with a 3 ton Escalade while the ditz driving it is talking on her cell phone, the belts are beyond their capacity to save me from what will certainly be catastrophic sheetmetal failure and collapse.

I'd think that any collision force violent enough to cause belt failure would render survivability in such an incident unlikely anyhow sad.gif

Paul
hwgunner
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 26 2007, 02:00 PM) *

They are probably good for show, and the date could be useful in some ways. However for actual crash protection they are probably well past their 'best-by' date. What VIN car did they come out of?

they came out of a 1970 914/6, a members car, but I do not have the vin. drunk.gif
Johny Blackstain
I had to piece mine together for a retrofit into my six. I found that receivers are rather expensive when they show up on ebay & got the belts cheap from Craig (camp 914) here on the world. I think the date must matter, as one of my receivers is dated 1971.

Question: was there a difference in belts between the 4 vs the 6 back in 70 & 71?

PS- hello everyone smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.