Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Stupid Newbie Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beamer13
Gonna need tires for my little toy. Wondering what size tires are the biggest that I can use on stock type wheels??
Bleyseng
205x50x15's
So.Cal.914
205X55's will fit also.
Beamer13
Cool! Thanks!! The tires on it didn't have the full number set, so I didn't quite know where to begin. I appreciate the help!!
krazykonrad
205s will work if you've got 5.5 in wheels (4 bolt fuchs, Pedrinis, Mahles, ect.) 165 is about as wide as you can go on the 4.5 in steelies.

Best of luck,
Konrad 72/4
jhadler
4 lug fuchs are the best for trying to get 205's under stock fenders. Mahle and Pedrini wheels I think have difference backspacing...

-Josh2
Beamer13
Ok, I looked at the parts car which has the better wheels. (alloy) and it looks like it has 185/65/15 on them. That being said, I would assume that it has the 5.5 wheels??
Beamer13
alright, here is a pic of the wheels on one of the cars
Click to view attachment
Beamer13
And here are the wheels on the parts car
Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Nov 26 2007, 06:31 PM) *

And here are the wheels on the parts car
Click to view attachment

The steel wheels on your silver car appear to be 5.5 inchers, but you can verify by looking at the humps between the lug bolt areas. it will be stamped 5.5 or 4.5.

The dark car does not have Porsche alloys - those are ATS alloys and, if my memory serves me (which is generally NOT the case) they have a strange offset & won't allow big tires. They are not Pedrini, Mahle or Fucks - they are aftermarket.
Pat
Beamer13
Darn!!! Of course the Alloys won't, they were the ones I thought looked better. Oh well, either I go with the steel, which I verified are 5.5" and bigger tires or I go with the Alloys and 185 or 195?? Thanks!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.