Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone seen these ss bumpers on e-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
how about them apples

would be nice though to eliminate the stock tin foil with these, wonder what they wheigh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...:SS:MOTORS:1123
sww914
I'm glad that somebody is making them. Stainless!
Rusty
They sure look pretty... but for half the price, Camp914 will get ya straightened and rechromed bumpers... idea.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Rusty @ Nov 27 2007, 09:14 AM) *

They sure look pretty... but for half the price, Camp914 will get ya straightened and rechromed bumpers... idea.gif

its hard to find anywhere chroming anymore, around ca. anyway. its sent out to mexico alot around here due to restrictions and the price is sky high with poor plating usually. headbang.gif
skline
QUOTE(orange914 @ Nov 27 2007, 09:32 AM) *

its hard to find anywhere chroming anymore, around ca. anyway. its sent out to mexico alot around here due to restrictions and the price is sky high with poor plating usually. headbang.gif

There is a place in Long Beach I drive by all the time and they still do chrome plating on bumpers and stuff.

I think 2k for a set of bumpers is just BS! They can keep them. I can still buy whole cars for less than that. The prices for stuff is going through the roof and it makes it harder and harder to justify rebuilding these old cars.

Fuch those greedy bastards, I would rather stay with a re chromed factory bumper than pay some POS crook trying to make a lot of money in a short time on a repro product. Sorry for the rant, it just really pisses me off when people think they have the corner on the market and price gouge, kind of like the oil companies and the electric companies.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 27 2007, 10:54 AM) *

There is a place in Long Beach I drive by all the time and they still do chrome plating on bumpers and stuff.

I think 2k for a set of bumpers is just BS! They can keep them. I can still buy whole cars for less than that. The prices for stuff is going through the roof and it makes it harder and harder to justify rebuilding these old cars.

Fuch those greedy bastards, I would rather stay with a re chromed factory bumper than pay some POS crook trying to make a lot of money in a short time on a repro product. Sorry for the rant, it just really pisses me off when people think they have the corner on the market and price gouge, kind of like the oil companies and the electric companies.

Kinda like the car you sold me... BS. Talk about a crook. A little pot calling the kettle black Scott? chair.gif
GWN7
Actually their price is right about what a new set would cost you from Porsche.......

Now the fact that they are "better" than a stock part should be worth something .......look at what what some of the aftermarket suppliers charge for suspension parts compared to what the stock parts cost....
euro911
Heck, just be glad you don't have a MBZ 190SL that you're replacing the bumpers on huh.gif ... $$$$ Cha-Ching $$$$
LarryR

Stockton Plating is supposed to be pretty good and fairly reasonable...
SLITS
Delorean would be proud. Pass the rolled up dollar bill please.
degreeoff
av-943.gif
johannes
BTW see this thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=78056&

Seems that he bought them from here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260180621747 and tries to make some money ...

slap.gif
Wilhelm
QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 28 2007, 09:42 AM) *

BTW see this thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=78056&

Seems that he bought them from here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260180621747 and tries to make some money ...

slap.gif

I see this site offers "Trade Inquiries". It would be interesting for a member here who is in the 914 business to make a "Trade Inquiry" to see what sort of "Trade Discount" might be available and see what sort of discount they could pass along to fellow 'teeners.
Jeffs9146
its hard to find anywhere chroming anymore, around ca.

There is a place just a few blocks from PartsHaven in Hayward, ca

I used them a few years ago and they did a great job for $425 each
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.