Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot too funny
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
watching the local 24 news cannel. every road, highway, you name it are just hosed. i-5, 405, 520, 99..... black ice, looks wet, oops. you can hardly get into seattle. i-5 closed from before grants pass to the other side of the border, blizzard conditions. drivers in portland driving down a hill with a a heap of 4 or 5 cars at the bottom, here comes another. full lockup. i'm going to build a nice fire and add to the air quality. life in the pacific nothwest. ya gotta love it.

kevin
redshift
smile.gif

Good thing there aren't big hills here... not that you don't find cars pilled up at those confusing areas where the roads cross each other at right angles.... uhh... traffic lights..

Your life sounds more fun than mine.

M
Bleyseng
Yep, a bad combination.

Transplanted Californians and Seattles icy hilly streets equals lots of fender benders!

Geoff
rhodyguy
geoff, turn on ncwn. 405 closed s.b at bellevue. a guy in a truck appears to be out of gas in the middle of the north bound lanes. there will be alot of cars out of gas this am.

kevin
Bleyseng
I am working on the Ranger today fixing the auto hubs to get the 4 wheels drive to work again. So I ain't driving anywhere soon....
I'll check out the news....

You helping Dave install his motor tomorrow?

Geoff
DNHunt
Kevin

Here at work in Fircrest. Roads are fine no problems getting in. Still eastside is always a bit colder.

People around here are crazy in the snow. They don't plan their routes to avoid the hills. The SUV's are the worst. People think that 4 wheel drive helps them stop.

Classic TV footage of people trying to drive up and down Queen Anne Hill in the snow. Auto bowling with cars being the ball and the pins. That's got to be a helpless feeling but they put themselves there. Oh well

Dave
PatW
I spent a few days in Seattle. I noticed everyone was driving reeeeally slow across Lake Washington. Unlike the lane changers here
rhodyguy
i plan on going to daves. he may have to come down the hill with his nifty john deere to pick me up at the bottom of his lloonngg driveway. planning on coming down? you sure waited for the right day to fix your ford. ha ha ha.

kevin
Bleyseng
Theres no snow to speak of in Seattle and I have a garage to work in. Wish it was 70 degrees out thou.........

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.