Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Cage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Puttting a cage in my car. I was looking at Tony C's web site and I saw that there are different style door bars, like Nascar, x-brace and street. I am going to Auto Cross with PCA and maybe SCCA, and hopefully do time trials. What should I do/get? maybe Brad or Tony C has mor einfo??
campbellcj
I got the "high X" style and am really happy. I like the extra side protection all the way up to my knees & shoulders. BUT entry/exit with this style is really tough for the larger people esp with a high bolster race seat. A removable steering wheel might help. I am about 5'10" 190lbs and it is pretty easy for me but took some practice.

For autox I think having a cage at all is debatable (maybe a roll hoop) but if you are going to dive into the real track TT's etc then I would 100% recommend a cage even if it is not totally required by your race group.
Brad Roberts
You are young. Get the X brace.

Email Tony and ask him what the current rules are for ITA. Build the cage legal for SCCA ITA and it will be legal for all PCA events. I dont know if ITA calls for Nascar door bracing or not. It may also depend on whether you have gutted doors or not.

PCA doesnt allow us to run down from the main hoop to the top of the shock towers in our stockish classes, but SCCA says we have to have a bar from the main hoop back or forward (we go forward to stay PCA legal and SCCA legal) It is easy to ad downbars that go back later in life if you move up in classes.

B
ChrisReale
Chris, I know a cage is overkill for AX, but I want the added protection for track, plus my chassis is going through a total strengthening (see rusty gaping holes et al..)

Im just gathering idea's mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
Dont use the word "strengthening" around the PCA and SCCA folk. It is for "protection". They limit our number of pickup points so the cage doesnt "strengthen" the car... yeah right.. you just have to be strategic in your placement of the bars.

B
seanery
Chris R, I agree with Chris C on this one. If you're set on it, get all but the doors, since the car will turn into a dedicated car once you do. Or get the low street style doors. I dunno, I guess you're coming to a crossroads on how you will use your car. It may be time for a 2nd one.
Mueller
Chris,

My car is currently at TC Design for a cage, I'll be getting the "street" hieght side bars similar to Andys car.

Tony is doing my 914 as well as another 914club members 914 in the next few weeks (or sooner???) so you if you are serious and have the cash, I'd contact him now to try and squeeze your car in at the same time, he "might" cut some slack on the price since he'd be doing 3 cars at the same time....it couldn't hurt to ask, the worse to happen is he'll tell you piss off smile.gif
Brad Roberts
He is already on the books Mueller.

B
fiid
How much are we talking (ball park) for a tonyC cage??
Brad Roberts
Too many options to quote. Highest price cage will probably run you 2800$ Lowest might run you 1800$

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.