Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When lowering the rear it goes negative on camber.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
subtract shims?
Brad Roberts
Add.

Do you not read the other threads ??

Did you turn on the handycap features on your computer so you could see the screen ??

b
Andyrew
When you add shims it moves the outer portion of the trailing arm down, moving the wheel and everything twards more positive camber.

I think..

Andrew
Joe Bob
Blow me....just confirming it....the auto response feature on the threads ain't working......
nine14cats
Any pics of someone putting a shim in? I'm curious....

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
Which email addres are you trying to use ?? We only send out ONE email per response.

B
Joe Ricard
Shims are different thicknesses. pay attention to each side making sure they are the same. Don't know how to measure camber. Because if you unload the wieght off the rear to change shims then you need to compress the suspension back to ride hieght to accurately measure.

By the way I got a full set that came off my torched 74.
fiid
I took my shims out. My car corners like god knows what now. I like it. I need to get Krause to do it properly though.

Big-O did me the service of loosening the bolts on the rear suspension consoles and leaving them loose. Bastards. I caught it the night before I did a track day at Infineon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.