Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Is Dave White Racing having a swap in 2008?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
Is Dave White racing have a swap in 2008?
smg914
If I were to guess...........I would say that when it comes time for the Suncoast Region PCA board members to discuss the 2008 calander, the swap meet will come up. And I believe someone will contact the new owners to ask if they want to continue the tradition and I think the new owners will love the idea.

carr914
Except the new owners are catering tp the BMW/Mercedes crowd. I don't know why someone would pay big money for Dave White's name and then change the name of the shop.

T.C.
914rrr
Steve and TC...

You guys need to put on your own swap meet. Let us know if any swap comes up in your area. We are looking for a good excuse for a return visit! beerchug.gif

Happy Holidays!
Nel
smg914
I was talking to Ralph Carr at the Suncoast Region Holiday party tonite. Ralph is working at Dave White's old place. I asked him about the swap meet and he said that it is already a done deal. It is currently scheduled for March 9th but someone is trying to change the date because the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance is that same weekend. To me I don't see this as a conflict. Ralph seems to feel that the date won't change and it will be on the 9th.

Ralph said that Porsche is still their main focus. He said all three owners own and drive Porsches. The only difference between the new operation and Dave White's is the the new place will work on any automobile that comes in. VW, Honda, Toyota, Saturn, Ford, Chevy, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche.........etc.

But they are very much looking forward to the Porsche swap meet in March.
914rrr
QUOTE(smg914 @ Dec 2 2007, 11:35 PM) *

I was talking to Ralph Carr at the Suncoast Region Holiday party tonite. Ralph is working at Dave White's old place. I asked him about the swap meet and he said that it is already a done deal. It is currently scheduled for March 9th but someone is trying to change the date because the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance is that same weekend. To me I don't see this as a conflict. Ralph seems to feel that the date won't change and it will be on the 9th.

Ralph said that Porsche is still their main focus. He said all three owners own and drive Porsches. The only difference between the new operation and Dave White's is the the new place will work on any automobile that comes in. VW, Honda, Toyota, Saturn, Ford, Chevy, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche.........etc.

But they are very much looking forward to the Porsche swap meet in March.

Thanks for getting the info Steve! Rob and I are going to try and make it that weekend.

If anyone has a wish list for 914 stuff, let us know. We can bring the parts down with us.

Nel beerchug.gif
smg914
9th Annual Swap Meet
Saturday, March 8th
8am to 1pm
Vortex Motorsports (formerly Dave White Autosports)
5217 W Hillsborough Ave., Tampa, FL.
carr914
Gee Steve, since I have about 3 of everything, what do I need but $$$$$

T.C.
smg914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 2 2008, 02:32 PM) *

Gee Steve, since I have about 3 of everything, what do I need but $$$$$

T.C.

TC, The last time I helped you inventory some of your 914 stuff I only saw 4 rear windows. It would be nice to find a fifth, LOL. (of course you own an original 6 with an original rear window defogger.......cool man)

Janie and I took Sahara Beige for an excercise out Morris Bridge Road last evening. We really, really, really enjoyed it. The car is a garage queen no question about it but I drive it at least once every 6 weeks. It renews my passion for the 914 everytime. My vintage cars never sit longer then 6 weeks without an exercise.
carr914
It would get exercised more often if you didn't have to drive other peoples Ferraris and GT3RSs

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.