Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Newfoundland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
I was lolling around today instead of working and switched on SPEED without much hope and what to my wondering eyes did appear???? Targa Newfoundland...of course I got a call right in the middle, but, damn I'd sure love to see that someday and I like even more to drive it.....looked like more fun than a barrel of titties(sorry girls...)...they broke some machinery tho.....
Air_Cooled_Nut
Yeah, it is really a neat race! SPEED has shown it several times. They are also showing more SCCA racing, GT, F1, motorcycles, and also get into the dirt racing, including monster trucks and this funky figure-8 track and "how many times can you roll your car" event.
jgara962
Targa New Zealand was on a week or two ago. The head of programming at Speed must have lost his mind. Enjoy the programming while it last, the NASCAR season begins again in two months blink.gif
effutuo101
agree.gif I hope that VS shows the Dakar again this year. There was a 914 in the Targa last year I believe. The driver posts on occasion. Some cool pictures.
gregrobbins
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Nov 30 2007, 11:35 AM) *

There was a 914 in the Targa last year I believe.

They didn't fair so well this year: wrecked and hurt the car, but photos show it looks repairable. Driver and Co-Driver were OK. It is a husband/wife team and they had a lot of fun. There was an article in Panorama about their experience last year.
swl
From what I read the Targa Newfoundland is a blast. There are 2 events - the balls to the floorboard run for the pros and a touring run for mere mortals. And let me tell you, the newfies know how to party!

This is a great destination for car fans. Absolutely georgeous country for driving even without the Targa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.