Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus CV question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Does anyone know if this ridge actually does anything when used on Bus applications, it has a pretty heavy radius inside so it would seem kinda useless as a locating feature.

thanks !!!

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
Howya doin', Mike!? Typically, that cutout is used for an internal gasket, one that rides half inside the bolt pattern. Later 911s have them, as do some later VWs. BTW, that doesn't look like a Bus CV joint. I don't have one here, so I can't be sure.

The Cap'n
rick 918-S
Hi Mike!
Mueller
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 29 2007, 10:46 PM) *

Howya doin', Mike!? Typically, that cutout is used for an internal gasket, one that rides half inside the bolt pattern. Later 911s have them, as do some later VWs. BTW, that doesn't look like a Bus CV joint. I don't have one here, so I can't be sure.

The Cap'n

Thanks John,

I thought about the gasket after I posted smile.gif

I'll do some searching to see if I can see what other variations of bus CV I can find.

By they way, I'm doing pretty good, the twins are doing great, walking/running like mad, starting to talk...starting to repeat (not good when daddy drops something and says oh S@#$ !!!!!! smile.gif )

Hey Rick, how'z it going ???
Cap'n Krusty
Glad to hear all is well with you and your family! I just looked at a Bus/Vanagon CV joint, and I was right. That's not a Bus/Vanagon CV joint. They're flat on both faces. What you have is something else. The Cap'n
McMark
The 944 CVs we used on Andy's car looked like that.
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 29 2007, 10:28 PM) *

Does anyone know if this ridge actually does anything when used on Bus applications, it has a pretty heavy radius inside so it would seem kinda useless as a locating feature.

thanks !!!

Click to view attachment

Mike,

Long time no talk, I sent you an pm a while back to see how your doing. By the wa your posting, your doing just fine.
Are you getting back into the game / hobby again?
The car is now finished.. i;ve taken to W/S and B/W A few times now.. losts of fun.

My 03 is still sitting.. having fun with the 914. The last time a took it out for a long ride was the time i gave you an ride in it sad.gif

All the best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.