Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 lug wheel specs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
OK, I know I've seen this before but I've searched all the sites and I'm coming up empty...

What are the specs for the largest wheel that will fit on a stock 914. All dimensions;
Offset, width, lug spacing, etc. Also I remember seeing a place where all of these specs are explained. Anybody know where that is?

BTW...I don't mean the tire calculator, the actual wheel size specifications.
Joe Ricard
Nothing wrong with Fuchs
4 lug look good and pretty light.
the specs of FUCHS is 4.5 back space (really the only thing that matters) 4x130 lug pattern and the wieght escapes me 13lbs I think.

this will support a 205/50-15 tire. and will fit virtually all stock 914's

You will not find an aftermarket wheel that is better for the price.

Dave_Darling
7" wide 16s will usually fit given the right offset. Maybe 17s, 18s, or more?

Backspacing should be right about at 5", not sure of offset.

Nothing wider than a 205 width tire except in very very very rare circumstances. Even 205s won't fit on some cars.

--DD
orthobiz
I don't have the answers and I've asked plenty of questions
that have been asked before many times.

I think the answer should be written up properly and put in the 914 Info
section! Just like "which Optima battery."

biz
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 30 2007, 08:15 PM) *

Nothing wrong with Fuchs
4 lug look good and pretty light.
the specs of FUCHS is 4.5 back space (really the only thing that matters) 4x130 lug pattern and the wieght escapes me 13lbs I think.

this will support a 205/50-15 tire. and will fit virtually all stock 914's

You will not find an aftermarket wheel that is better for the price.

Can somebody post a picture with this configuration? Preferably frontal view... offset to the side a little bit. I'm trying to visualize the stance.
ahdoman
Hey Orthobiz - that's why I started this thread. I am looking for the hard data to be able to extrapilate from there. For example; how is offset calculated and what are the suspension values for our cars? The idea of this is to be able to figure out (via a "wheel size" calculator) what size wheel can be run (width & diameter) with a stock configuration and then add to that to figure what size flares are needed to fit a larger tire.
scotty b
We need a wheel thread in the classics. If anyone else is game I have several different types of wheels from various models. Maybe post a pic with model, size, weight, backspacing etc. We could also include knock offs. For example I have a set of XENON Fuchs (need one if anyone has one available smile.gif ). Thoughts ?
DanT
pics of 205x50x15s on 5.5" Fuchs
3/4" spacers in front and 1/2" spacers in rear.
stepuptotheMike
Dan, thanks so much. Exactly what I was looking for.

Mike
DanT
extra wide 205x50x15 V710s on 7" custom steelies with 3/4" front and 1/2" rear spacers.
DanT
and finally the street tires/wheels

196x60x15s on 5.5 (VW offset) with 3/4" spacers in front, no spacers in rear. dry.gif
Gint
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Dec 1 2007, 09:53 AM) *
Hey Orthobiz - that's why I started this thread. I am looking for the hard data to be able to extrapilate from there. For example; how is offset calculated and what are the suspension values for our cars? The idea of this is to be able to figure out (via a "wheel size" calculator) what size wheel can be run (width & diameter) with a stock configuration and then add to that to figure what size flares are needed to fit a larger tire.

I posted some of that junk (specifically for reference) in my Superlight wheel thread.

Superlight wheel thread
ahdoman
Thanks for the link Gint. This is the diagram I was looking for...
Click to view attachment
Now all I need is a cross section of a front and rear 914 wheel well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.