Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got my e-bay DUEL cht gauge & sensors... pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
sounds like a dumb question i know, but...

there are 4 wires & 4 hook ups. my duh... 2 wire each sensor = 4 help.gif

best case if improperly wired, the gauges just wont work, the worst it'll burn something. so... anyone know this gauge and its proper wire order?

mike blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
2 wires are from one sensor and two from the other. Which two go where, you got me. There is no power to the gauge unless there is a back light. The sensors create their own power when heated and that is what moves the gauge. Cool gauge, I might want one in the future.
Dr Evil
Oh ya, you could just start hooking them up and seeing which set up gives the needles a rise. I doubt you'll hurt anything.
Aaron Cox
I challenge you to a D U E L.

I have a D U A L cht gauge.

Twystd1
That would be an early Westach CHT gauge.

Here is the linky for installation.

Schematic

Clayton

orange914
thanks, guys beerchug.gif

mike
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

OK, dumb Ques. of the day. Why 2, I always have read that 1 under the #3

spark plug is all that is nessary. As per Jake. Just curious?????? Dave slap.gif
orange914
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Dec 2 2007, 08:50 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

OK, dumb Ques. of the day. Why 2, I always have read that 1 under the #3

spark plug is all that is nessary. As per Jake. Just curious?????? Dave slap.gif

for me i guess its kinda like why would you put an oil pressure gauge in when you have a dummy light. there has been recent threads about multiple (4) sensors/readings. it acually could be quite a diagnostic tool on how your engines running. i pessonally think it would be cool if all 4 were read. i plan to use one on each side. they do make switchable 4 and 6 cylinder airplane cht gauges for just that. but $400 on e-bay?

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.