Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone dealt with ALFA 1750's Carb Parts store?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
He is selling Carbs and rebuild kits for Weber, Solex and Dellorto. He had a Dell 40/36 rebuild kit for $17.00 + shipping so $34 + $9 to rebuild a set. I have a set of 36"s in a box in the attic so thought it might be wise to get rebuild kits while they are available. Haven't really looked locally so I don't know if they are available in the the US or prices. Is there any problems or costs with US customes? Lots of ?, hoping to get answers. confused24.gif
rhodyguy
what's the delivery lead time from italy? jeez...try Air Cooled Engineering located in Salt Lake City. 801-942-1234 after 8am, M-F mountain time. gint added a link to their site in another recent carb thread.
StratPlayer
http://www.aircooledengineering.com/
Gint
Hey Danny. I've ordered parts form alfa 1750 on ebay. Bunch-a-jets. Got what I ordered, good communication. It took at least a week for shipping (and he tells you up front it will take a little longer than you're used to), but I wasn't in a hurry in that particular case anyway. No customs issues at all.
Eric_Ciampa
I believe I purchased a set of Dells from him a number of years back (maybe 4??) I was very happy with what I received. What Gint said: good communication and product description. I would buy from him again but make sure you get a few more opinions from the group before. And, actually, I bought a set of 36's from him with a rebuild kit. overall very happy.
LowGT
I bought some NLA bits for my Italian 44IDF's from them. I saw all their ebay ads and I just contacted them to see if they had these parts. They verified the part numbers/descriptions with a diagram they emailed me. I got them at a more than reasonable price and they arrived in less than 2 weeks from Italy. Seems like a really good person, I would definitely send my carbs to them if they ever needed to be rebuilt.
DBCooper
Ive dealt with him a number of times over the years, for carbs and kits. One hundred percent every time, good stuff and no complaints.
ruddyboys
Got a pair of Dells also from him, they were fine, and again communications was great.
Foster
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Dec 3 2007, 10:52 AM) *

Got a pair of Dells also from him, they were fine, and again communications was great.

agree.gif +1

Got a pait of Dell 40 DRLA's from him last month. Communication was great and shipping took about 2 weeks. Had stuff take longer to get from a couple states away.

Can't vouch for the quality yet as my rebuild is still in the tear down stage, but the sure look perty!
WyKev
I got a rebuild kit and then some jets for my 40 IDNF weber on the buggy. Great prices and when we had a small miscommunication, he responded right away and we got it straightened out.

I plan on buying from him again.
sww914
I got some jets from them for a great price. It took 2 weeks to get them, but I was aware of that, it was clearly stated in the auction. Fair shipping prices, too. Less than some US suppliers.
1bad914
I needed some hard to find parts for a set of Dell's, no one had them, he did. I also bought a set of 40 Dell's from him this year, he sets the flow and locks them in, I bench set the mix and never touched them, they run great, he has my biz for good!
Gint
Mike, I dug up this thread for you. This is the ebay guy I was telling you about on the Colorado list.

http://stores.ebay.com/ALFA1750S-CARBURETORS-PARTS-STORE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.