Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6- post pics of oil line routing with front cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I am moving along with my 3.0 /6 conversion and I would like to see some pics of oil line routing of /6's with a front cooler. I'd like to see where you routed the hoses and where you mounted the thermostat. I'm confused about how the hoses are routed out of the oil tank? dry.gif Any pics or constructive advice is appreciated beerchug.gif
PRS914-6
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Dec 1 2007, 01:39 PM) *

I am moving along with my 3.0 /6 conversion and I would like to see some pics of oil line routing of /6's with a front cooler. I'd like to see where you routed the hoses and where you mounted the thermostat. I'm confused about how the hoses are routed out of the oil tank? dry.gif Any pics or constructive advice is appreciated beerchug.gif

Watch the next issue of Excellence. I wrote a 4 page article on how I did the oil system. It should be out soon.

Here are a few pics to get you by until then......
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
John
Where is your oil tank to be located?

My oil tank is up front.

I routed the suction line (tank to engine) on the drivers side and the return to tank line on the passenger side. I ran my hose through the heater tube inside each longitude. I entered the cockpit from the front trunk similar to the factory method for the GT cars. I entered the long just as the heater tube makes it's bend up (my hoses are inside the car only as they wrap around the inner wheel well.

There are some pictures in my BLOG, and I could post a few.

Good luck with your project.
SirAndy
check the conversion thread in my signature ...

shades.gif Andy
Dr Evil
Here are some that I have seen:
Dr Evil
Not the usual install, but you get the idea:
Dr Evil
Other variations (911):
Dr Evil
And still more:
Dr Evil
u wan samo?
burton73
This is the set up on my 914-6 as done in the 70 for Bates Troutman. Eric suggested that I put a tire stop on the suspension so the tire does not hit the Stainless oil line so I have bought that, and all of what you see will be as new with the restoration of 914-6 #41

This set up was running for a number a years with the 2.5 SS with out any cooling problems. Note the cooling shroud made of steel. The thermostat has the Bates Troutman name on top of it.

Bob Burton
burton73
More
rfuerst911sc
Wow you guys are great piratenanner.gif I am useing a DW Design tank mounted where the factory tank went. While my car will have headers I'm not going to use the inside of the longs/heater tubes just in case I want to add heat somehow in the future but that is creative. I think I'm going to use the sides of the longs on the outside as my path. I'm useing a 3.0 with stock internals and Webers so it's not stressed and I'm going to add a Mercedes Benz external oil cooler that they use on their diesel cars. It's a Behr brand and is very stout and not too big in physical size so I am hoping to do something creative and mount it "in" the front valence with a custom welded housing biggrin.gif What size AN hose are you guys running? It looks like either 10 or 12 from the pics. And yes I do subscribe to Excellence so I'll look forward to the next delivery. Thanks guys beerchug.gif
burton73
I am running stock factory Heat exchangers on my car. The long GT oil cooler was almost a squeeze fit with a strip of dense black rubber on the bottom on the oil cooler and the AN fittings attached to the cooler as it went out of the box. The shot of the box in the front trunk from the front top shows it well. It just sat there perfect and did not move. Like I said a perfect fit.

Bob Burton
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.