Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My intake will not seal.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Well after I took the intake and sheet metal off to replace the CHT I have developed a vaccum leak which makes the car idles at about 2000.I've taken off the intake runner a couple of times and tired really scrapped off the old seal which was glued in there. I replaced the seal as well, but so far nothing has made a difference. The only thing I can think of is that the tin is getting in the way some how to prevent a good seal. I've looked at the seal while the car is running and a small amount of liquid is coming out in a small area. Any idea's on how to get a good seal? I have another seal to try as well if needed.
Thanks,
Eric
redshift
Well.. since we can't 'see' the leak.

smile.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

M
rhodyguy
did you cut new isolator gaskets. try new isolators. the gaskets are all ready on both sides. make sure you get the correct ones. 2.0 or 1.7, 1.8.

kevin
Eric Taylor
Kevin, I'm not quite sure what you are talking about, is that the gasket between the head and the runner? If so bought new 1.7 gasket's. I'll try and get a pic of the leak.
Eric
Eric Taylor
Sorry for the crappy pic, but the leak is right about there. There may be others, but that's all I can see. It's cylinder #3
Eric
rhodyguy
the isolator is a large rectangular(the ones i got were dark brown) plastic/bakelite? it's piece that spaces the intake from the head. it comes with thin gaskets attached to both sides. some have 4 stud holes some have 3.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.