Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need measurement between trailing arms...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
I'm not sure if this would be a consistent measurement from car to car. My arms have been rebuilt and I can't get them to an alignment shop. I need to make sure my axles have the correct lengths. Because of the Boxster design, they are unequal.

1. I need measurement between the inner faces of the arms.

2. What is the longitudinal tolerance of Constant Velocity joints? This will determine if I need to have the axle(s) modified.

McMark
Felix, I'll try to measure something this afternoon, but the measurement will be affected by your rear toe settings.
neo914-6
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 2 2007, 09:16 AM) *

Felix, I'll try to measure something this afternoon, but the measurement will be affected by your rear toe settings.

Yes, that's what I'm concerned about. I "should" have take measurements before removing them but even then the large mounting bolt holes can affect that measurement. I wonder how much toe adjustment is made at this mount and/or the tolerance on the CV's, if any... idea.gif

Thanks!
okieflyr
Felix, I'm in the process of the same type of install.
Mine is a 1.8t, that I'm upgrading from the 901 to a Passat trans.
I found a 1000 mile trans on e-bay, and bought it for $285.00 !
I'm getting the trans back any day now from getting the Quaiffe installed.
I'm interested in your axle development as my need will be similar to yours.
I could measure my trailing arms/hubs, but they are at full droop and may not be acurate enough.

popcorn[1].gif

Kevin
Wes V
I'm really looking forward to see how this works out for you two guys!!

Did you guys center the engine (side to side), which would offset the transmission CV joint flanges,

or offset the engine and trans, so that the CV joint flanges are centered.

Okieflyr; are the CV flanges on the Audi transmission the same as what Neo914V6 has on his Boxster transmission?

Wes
johnlush
Hi Felix,

I just measured my car and came up with 38.5 inches. That's measuring just forward of the large hole in the trailing arms that the stub axles pass through.

Hope this helps.

John
toon1
I came up with 38 11/16". front edge of the the large hole.

That large hole has a lip that sticks inward twards the center of the car.

I made the measurement from edge to edge of the lip.

Keith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.